RC poster

Post Street Tires for the Slash

I was trying to find posts about street tires for the slash and either couldn't find something up-to-date or tires for a different model. I plan on driving mostly on road with little dirt or grass. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The Traxxas Kumho Road Ventures work pretty well for me onroad, but it's probably not ideal. I've heard that the Duratrax Banditos are pretty popular.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC Qualifier xXxXxverifiedxXxXx's Avatar
    J-Concepts G-Locs are my go to street tire. I run the 2.8 size currently, and Iíve used the SC specific size in the past. Both are a good option but I prefer the 2.8s for a little extra width.
    Just 1 mph more!

RC Enthusiast
    im just going to put my pronouns here - she/they
    Quote Originally Posted by RCWilly View Post
    The Traxxas Kumho Road Ventures work pretty well for me onroad, but it's probably not ideal. I've heard that the Duratrax Banditos are pretty popular.
    I'd suggest the Bandito ST C2, they have great grip in my experience, though I'd suggest getting the LCG kit as well due to the fact that with the HCG chassis and the Bandito ST C2's you can griproll it in the corners...

Very little traction in grass, lowered traction in dirt/gravel but still some.

And welcome to the forums, legobob48!
    Last edited by Serva; 03-30-2021 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Needed to welcome a new person to the forums
    ~♡~

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Serva View Post
    I'd suggest the Bandito ST C2, they have great grip in my experience, though I'd suggest getting the LCG kit as well due to the fact that with the HCG chassis and the Bandito ST C2's you can griproll it in the corners...

And welcome to the forums, legobob48! [emoji106]
    I reallllllly loved the ProLine Road Rage 2.8" wheel/tire combo! They were incredible on wet asphalt, hot summer ashphalt, and if i DID lose traction, ever, and catastrophically CRASH...well, thats my-own-as'phalt! Baahahahaha

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Proline has a street fighter line too that works great on pavement

RC Qualifier
    I second the proline road rage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Jedi Master"

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoBelugas View Post
    Proline has a street fighter line too that works great on pavement
    I would like the street fighters more if they were similar size to the road rage..however, they are quite a bit bigger, (with taller profile/sidewall) and they balloon sssoooOOOOOOOOOO much, it becomes difficult to control at high speeds! Its like have literal pizza cutters for traction! Haha!

Also, on my R4sty, they tend to rub the EDGES of body while turning, and especially turning while ballooned!

With the road rage tires, you may not get the extra "rollout"/top speed, but you still get plenty, as well as TONS of acceleration as they are easier to turn over than their "big bro" tires. And you also get far-more stable high-speed handling, and AWESOME grip especially in those 40mph "sweeper" turns! [emoji6]. Albeit their one downfall if u have a heavy finger...they dont last long. Bear in mind, though, my set was probably 3-5 years old when purchased. Had i known at the time, i may not have had the pleasure of trying em out!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Serva View Post

And welcome to the forums, legobob48!
    Thank You,
    I was already planning on buying the LCG kit and shock caps.

RC Racer

Deboot Hoons

Quote Originally Posted by legobob48 View Post
    I was trying to find posts about street tires for the slash and either couldn't find something up-to-date or tires for a different model. I plan on driving mostly on road with little dirt or grass. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    I actually use the Deboot Hoons on my slash 2wd. They are amazing for drifting and normal on road, but they are for the limitless so you would need the adapter for the right hex.

RC poster
    Thank you, everyone. I was worried about joining the forums due to my lack of RC knowledge, but I am very glad I did. This community has felt very welcoming.

RC Enthusiast
    im just going to put my pronouns here - she/they
    Quote Originally Posted by Trx4newb View Post
    I reallllllly loved the ProLine Road Rage 2.8" wheel/tire combo! They were incredible on wet asphalt, hot summer ashphalt, and if i DID lose traction, ever, and catastrophically CRASH...well, thats my-own-as'phalt! Baahahahaha

The traction of the Bandito ST C2 on wet asphalt is...
    ...questionable
    Makes for some nice drifting though.
    But yeah the Banditos are long-lasting tires that'll give you impressive grip in dry conditions.
    ~♡~

Quote Originally Posted by xXxXxverifiedxXxXx View Post
    J-Concepts G-Locs are my go to street tire. I run the 2.8 size currently, and I’ve used the SC specific size in the past. Both are a good option but I prefer the 2.8s for a little extra width.
    Love that Ascot Modified body! I'm currently working on one right now!

I have also run the 2.8 G-Locs and they are great!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by legobob48 View Post
    Thank you, everyone. I was worried about joining the forums due to my lack of RC knowledge, but I am very glad I did. This community has felt very welcoming.
    Can honestly say between googling my life away, scrolling through/reading forums, and a lil' YouTube...ive been into RC for JUST over a year now, and i learned between 79-96 percent of what i now-know from these forums, ALONE! THE rest would be trial and error, experimentation, and misc findings online typing simply "beginner rc", "RC explained", "RC tip and tricks", etc.

I LOVE the hobby and it came with ANOTHER positive thing, (besides learning/knowledge), and that's that i have almost fully replaced the mindless-habit-from-of just scrolllllllling FB, in my spare time, with no new knowledge gained, and seldom even a "like" button pressed.

Stay reading about RC! And before you know it, you will be all "oh snap! I can FPV my 1/24th scale rock crawler for 100-ish bucks?! Heck YES!"

Edited for language abuse. If you see starred out words in your post, you must edit them out to avoid earning warning points.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-28-2021 at 10:18 PM.

RC Qualifier

Street Tires for the Slash

Quote Originally Posted by Trx4newb View Post
    the mindless-habit-from of just scrolllllllling FB, in my spare time, with no new knowledge gained, and seldom even a "like" button pressed.

Last edited by cooleocool; 04-28-2021 at 10:20 PM. Reason: modified quote
    "Jedi Master"

RC Champion
    Hmm have you tried the proline prime tires? They donít balloon much I recall

RC Racer
    Fraser Valley, British Columbia, Canada-The Wet Coast!
    My friend has the Street Fighter LPs on his (3S brushless) Rustler, and they seem pretty good. They don't balloon very much, and have good traction on lots of surfaces (provided they are reasonably smooth). Oh, and welcome to the forums! I'm pretty new, as well, and have found tons of information, help, and build ideas.
    Slash 2WD Vision Edition
    200+ posts, here I come!

RC poster
    Great looks
    Slash 4x4 ult.

RC Competitor

Personally not a fan of the Pro-Line LP due to the ballooning on 3s, Now on the other hand the Pro-Line SC i have taken them up to 6s and little ballooning happened I like them more then the LP

SlashUltimate/Slash4x4/Merv/SlayerPro

RC Racer
    Iím running duratrax speed tread robbers

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000ss View Post

Personally not a fan of the Pro-Line LP due to the ballooning on 3s, Now on the other hand the Pro-Line SC i have taken them up to 6s and little ballooning happened I like them more then the LP

Just get what you want for tires (not pre-mounts) and belt them yourself. Check YouTube, thereís lots of diy how-toís on there. Unless you buy pre-mounted belted tires ($$$) if you run 3S you will balloon until the cows come home, and then late into tomorrow morning. Get the tires, belt them yourself, glue them well, and bash to your hearts content.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Slash Raptor, Slash Baja Bug Basher, TA Trophy Rat