RC poster

E Revo 2.0 86086-4 Motor Maintenance

Hello all, thanks for taking the time to look over my post and help out! I'm in the middle of a complete teardown and service of my E Revo 2.0, purchased a little over a year ago. Looking for some advice on the motor - specifically what kind of bearings does it have, are they replaceable (without causing damage to the motor) and what would be the best way to go about it.

Are there are any blowup images of this motor out there?

Ive tried searching online but have not been able to find much help.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
    Saif

RC Champion
    Stock bearings are nmb r-1650hh ( marking on the bearings) size is (5x16x5) metal shielded seals

Bearings are non serviceable

Trx does not sell replacement as they says motor is non repairable, but my lhs had metal shelves bursting in stock and that worked. Won't find any parts diagram. So when taking it apart renner where everything goes .. are some washers and spacers.

The bearing in the back of the motor is glued in. So you will have to punch it out. Doing so will destroy the bearing.

Getting it all put back together was a bit of a pain. It's been about 2 years... Since I did this. I think I put the rear bearing on the rotor shaft. And had everything assembled then slide it all back in as a whole assembly. And a gentle push. I think that was the trick. As I couldn't get the rear bearing to seat back in correctly, and didn't have a tool that would work.

Hope this helps ya.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Thanks for your reply! I'm sure i can find those bearings locally and try a straight swap, that should get the job done. Thanks for explaining to me the process, super helpful [emoji1476]

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganjamulla View Post
    Thanks for your reply! I'm sure i can find those bearings locally and try a straight swap, that should get the job done. Thanks for explaining to me the process, super helpful [emoji1476]

Why are you getting ready to replace the bearings? Are they showing signs of failure? (freezing/binding or the shaft having play)

RC poster
    So far I'm not getting any signs of any of the above. I just live in a place where rust is a big issue. I'm already on my 3rd set of bearings (in the hubs) because they all jammed up. I'm just going through the whole vehicle now in attempt to replace anything that may cause binding. That said, i haven't actually checked the motor to see if there is any binding or play. 3-4 months ago it was completely fine hopefully it hasn't jammed up sitting on the shelf ( I live 2 mins from the sea, making the rust even more annoying )

Saif

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganjamulla View Post
    So far I'm not getting any signs of any of the above. I just live in a place where rust is a big issue. I'm already on my 3rd set of bearings (in the hubs) because they all jammed up. I'm just going through the whole vehicle now in attempt to replace anything that may cause binding. That said, i haven't actually checked the motor to see if there is any binding or play. 3-4 months ago it was completely fine hopefully it hasn't jammed up sitting on the shelf ( I live 2 mins from the sea, making the rust even more annoying )

Saif

I play at the beach on occasion. I've found repacking all the bearings in good marine grease helps bunch of keeping bearings rolling smooth. It has more rolling resistance. But the trade off to having not to replace or clean and service bearings every few months to be totally worth it.

So get some marine grease and clean all bearings and repack with the new grease. I cover all surfaces in it. Then put it back in.

Rpm makes a bearings blaster that makes cleaning bearings very easy. They have two sizes and may want both.

And use good chlorinated break cleaner. As the cleaner.

Does make car a bit more dirty but I don't care about having a clean car, and any excess will get flung off after running.

CPL spray word well on parts you can't grease like the axle joints and so on.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    I play at the beach on occasion. I've found repacking all the bearings in good marine grease helps bunch of keeping bearings rolling smooth. It has more rolling resistance. But the trade off to having not to replace or clean and service bearings every few months to be totally worth it.

So get some marine grease and clean all bearings and repack with the new grease. I cover all surfaces in it. Then put it back in.

Rpm makes a bearings blaster that makes cleaning bearings very easy. They have two sizes and may want both.

And use good chlorinated break cleaner. As the cleaner.

Does make car a bit more dirty but I don't care about having a clean car, and any excess will get flung off after running.

CPL spray word well on parts you can't grease like the axle joints and so on.

Thanks for the help brother!