Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Nitro questions

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by JJBurck View Post
    I'm fairly new to nitro and bought a used t-maxx. When its running out of fuel it starts rev up a lot. Just wondering if this is normal because I've had a revo for about a month and it revs up a tiny bit before running out of fuel but the maxx revs up WAY higher than the revo.
    Yes the Tmaxx will be leaner than a Revo when the fuel is low.

The Tmaxx fuel tank is the problem. The problem is when the fuel tank is full, the fuel itself is higher than the carburetor which leads to a richer setting. When the full tank is half full the fuel level is even with the carb, (this is where you should tune a Tmaxx). When the fuel tank is low the fuel is lower than the carb which creates a leaner setting. If the fuel tank is full when a Tmaxx is tuned for performance, you run the risk of being too lean when the fuel level gets low.

Back in the day many replaced the Tmaxx fuel tank with a low profile OFNA tank which fixed the rich to lean change on the tune as the fuel level dropped.

On the Revo the fuel tank is mounted lower and the fuel level itself (either full or empty) is always lower than the carb. This set up doesn't have the problem the Tmaxx does.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    Yes the Tmaxx will be leaner than a Revo when the fuel is low.

The Tmaxx fuel tank is the problem. The problem is when the fuel tank is full, the fuel itself is higher than the carburetor which leads to a richer setting. When the full tank is half full the fuel level is even with the carb, (this is where you should tune a Tmaxx). When the fuel tank is low the fuel is lower than the carb which creates a leaner setting. If the fuel tank is full when a Tmaxx is tuned for performance, you run the risk of being too lean when the fuel level gets low.

Back in the day many replaced the Tmaxx fuel tank with a low profile OFNA tank which fixed the rich to lean change on the tune as the fuel level dropped.

On the Revo the fuel tank is mounted lower and the fuel level itself (either full or empty) is always lower than the carb. This set up doesn't have the problem the Tmaxx does.
    Wait, so should I still tune my Revo at half tank, or is it okay to tune it on a full tank?
    Who needs coffee when you have a 10KV+ capacitor?

I still tune it at half a tank.
    The Super Derecho

Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    I still tune it at half a tank.
    Okay, good. That is what I have been doing as well.
    Who needs coffee when you have a 10KV+ capacitor?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234