Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nitro questions

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpider25 View Post
    Well, thanks guys for all the help and for steering me in the right direction as far as what truck to choose. I will keep you guys posted after I am able to get a Revo.
    I think youíll like it. Iíve sure enjoyed mine. Unless youíve already got one, I would definitely invest in one of those little infrared laser temp guns so that you can keep track of the temperature of your engine.

Not sure if youíll like the factory springs and shock oil but I run 50w in mine and I was running the gold springs in the back and the tan springs in the back. Rides pretty good. I say was, because recently I took the long travel springs thatíll come with your new revo when you buy it, to see how they work since theyíre heavier springs.

Oh, and one thing Iíll tell you that I learned the hard way and whether or not theyíll say that in your owners manual Ė they didnít say it mine but depending on how often you run your truck, and this also goes for if you do decide to get the Tmax for the Tmax classic but after about a gallon, gallon and a half of nitro fuel you go through, youíll want to pull your easy start assembly off the back of your motor and take that little one way bearing out and clean it and re-oil it with some 5W 30 synthetic motor oil because if you donít, itíll eventually seize up on the shaft and itís not fun getting it off there once it gets seized up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    Oh, and one thing I’ll tell you that I learned the hard way and whether or not they’ll say that in your owners manual – they didn’t say it mine but depending on how often you run your truck, and this also goes for if you do decide to get the Tmax for the Tmax classic but after about a gallon, gallon and a half of nitro fuel you go through, you’ll want to pull your easy start assembly off the back of your motor and take that little one way bearing out and clean it and re-oil it with some 5W 30 synthetic motor oil because if you don’t, it’ll eventually seize up on the shaft and it’s not fun getting it off there once it gets seized up.
    That seems good to know. I will have to remember that.
    Who needs coffee when you have a 10KV+ capacitor?

Sorry if this sound like a stupid question but why are there two needles on a nitro engine? What would I need to look out for if one needle or the other needle or both needles need to be tuned?

You need to tune both needles. Through the Support button above, download the manual for the Revo or T-Maxx or even the 3.3 engine on the tune. Once you get it and hear the tune, it's really not difficult...just a little twist here or there.
    https://traxxas.com/support/Tuning-Y...st-Performance
    https://traxxas.com/support/How-Star...-Racing-Engine
    The Super Derecho

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpider25 View Post
    Sorry if this sound like a stupid question but why are there two needles on a nitro engine? What would I need to look out for if one needle or the other needle or both needles need to be tuned?
    It was explained completely in the link I had posted... It simplifies things a lot.

In my link I explain the HSN needle controls the overall fuel flow, just like the spigot for a hose on the outside of the house, the LSN is just like the spray nozzle at the end of the hose and reacts the same way. This is explained in the carburetor section of the owners manual and is linked to in my thread.

I ask you please go over your manual carefully. Most people having their first nitro have a big learning curve to overcome and their first engine does not last as long as after they have learned their tuning skills. Seriously follow this link and read it, go into the links provided. You will get that tuning down a lot faster. Here's the link again, it's been viewed over 150,00 times so I guess it does some good. https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...ul-Tuning-tips
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    In my link I explain the HSN needle controls the overall fuel flow, just like the spigot for a hose on the outside of the house, the LSN is just like the spray nozzle at the end of the hose and reacts the same way. This is explained in the carburetor section of the owners manual and is linked to in my thread.
    Thanks for the explanation Nitronaught. That really helped me understand the low and high speed needles better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12