RC Competitor

Question No throttle when steering?

Hey,
    So the throttle on my slash cuts out whenever I steer. I'm running a Castle Sidewider 4, a 1410 3800kv sensored motor (running sensorless because of the ESC), a Power HD 20KG blue servo, and a Spektrum STX3. What might be causing this? Could it be a BEC setting on the ESC?
    Thanks for any help
    I quit using auto-correct. It's changed everythong

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by FireSlashRacer View Post
    Hey,
    So the throttle on my slash cuts out whenever I steer. I'm running a Castle Sidewider 4, a 1410 3800kv sensored motor (running sensorless because of the ESC), a Power HD 20KG blue servo, and a Spektrum STX3. What might be causing this? Could it be a BEC setting on the ESC?
    Thanks for any help
    Sounds like maybe AVC or "stability control" is active? Not sure what spectrum calls it, but check those settings as it can control throttle "while cornering", as well as control steering in general.
    -I reread your question and realize you're not running spectrum and I'm not aware whether or not sidewinder / Castle even has stability control to speak of?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Trx4newb; 04-03-2021 at 03:08 PM.

RC Competitor
    I'm quite sure the STX3 doesn't have AVC, it is their cheapest radio combo. Another thing that may help is that the steering output is late, even when there is no throttle input. Also, in the past it has given throttle output under full-lock steering when no throttle input was given.

RC Racer
    I'm quite sure the STX3 doesn't have AVC, it is their cheapest radio combo. Another thing that may help is that the steering output is late, even when there is no throttle input. Also, in the past it has given throttle output under full-lock steering when no throttle input was given.
    As a side note I learned in recent days to definitely disable Bluetooth anything on my person headsets, phones, vehicles, anything you can turn the Bluetooth off as it was making my losi mini t 2.0 act super erratically! And if the Bluetooth wasn't interfering, then it was having endpoint adjustments beyond the equipment abilities, or trims set too high either staring and/or throttle

RC Qualifier
    Electrical gremlins can be tricky. Easiest way to diagnose is to use other equipment. Like try a different servo, or reciever. Could be a bad servo, they tend to cause other issues when dieing. As a side note, the bec in those sidewinders are notoriously weak, would be a good idea to install an external bec. On the plus side, the sw4 has one of the best, if not the best, sensorless low speed start up.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Found the problem... Tried running it with my Mamba X, everything works great now. Must be the BEC. The Sidewinder 4 is brand new, can it be fixed with an external BEC or does the whole unit need to be replaced?

RC Racer
    Found the problem... Tried running it with my Mamba X, everything works great now. Must be the BEC. The Sidewinder 4 is brand new, can it be fixed with an external BEC or does the whole unit need to be replaced?
    Recently had an issue with my Max 8 ESC with a red blinking light no response from any channels, my assumption was that the BEC had burned up so i install an external one, and she fires right up

RC Competitor
    Turns out Castle is gonna send a new Sidewinder 4 with a castle link USB as a bonus, quite a nice surprise, especially considering I purchased this ESC 13 months ago and their initial warranty is only 12 months