Metal gears in 2080 servo

Aside from the one gear that pokes out through the servo that the servo horn screws too not exactly looking the same as the metal one but will the other metal gears in the 2082x package thatís for the 2080x servo work as replacements of the cheap plastic gears in the regular 2080 servo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody?

Hey Corneileous! You should definitely be able to swap the 2080 gears with the 2080X gears. Iíve done a similar conversion with my 2075 servo in my ERevo 2.0 and the gears are all the same size.

What does this do- Oh whoops I broke it

I sure hope so. It would be nice if I could so that I wouldnít have to buy a whole new servo.

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    I sure hope so. It would be nice if I could so that I wouldnít have to buy a whole new servo.

Yeah when your servo is powerful enough itís always nice. I run the 2080 STILL with the plastic gears somehow and itís got plenty of torque for the little car. I even use 2.2 proline trenchers.

Quote Originally Posted by TwinTurboV8 View Post
    Yeah when your servo is powerful enough itís always nice. I run the 2080 STILL with the plastic gears somehow and itís got plenty of torque for the little car. I even use 2.2 proline trenchers.

I donít see how, because my girlfriends son has only had his 16th E Revo now for going on one year and heís already needing his fourth new servo or at least the gears replaced in his current servo because itís clicking so bad now that it barely is able to turn.

I tried hooking up two steering servos but that ended up quickly damaging the other brand new servo because since thereís no way to adjust the linkage so that each servo works in complete unison with each other to where theyíre not trying to fight each other or where one servo is trying to make the other servo turn farther than it can, I think it was within two weeks with that brand new added servo we put on in addition with his other one when it messed up, too.

I donít see how, because my girlfriends son has only had his 16th E Revo now for going on one year and heís already needing his fourth new servo or at least the gears replaced in his current servo because itís clicking so bad now that it barely is able to turn.

I tried hooking up two steering servos but that ended up quickly damaging the other brand new servo because since thereís no way to adjust the linkage so that each servo works in complete unison with each other to where theyíre not trying to fight each other or where one servo is trying to make the other servo turn farther than it can, I think it was within two weeks with that brand new added servo we put on in addition with his other one when it messed up, too.

Yeah one of my friendís bought his younger sister a brushed 1/16th ERevo and the servo gears stripped out on the first day. Iíve been jumping my Merv over 6 feet in the air and landing double backflips without any servo issues.

Yeah one of my friendís bought his younger sister a brushed 1/16th ERevo and the servo gears stripped out on the first day. Iíve been jumping my Merv over 6 feet in the air and landing double backflips without any servo issues.

I keep reading that word MERV and I guess I just had to look it up to see what it was.... I had no idea that people who use that word weíre talking about the 16 scale E Revo brushless but AnyWho, if thatís what you have, do those still use the same blue 2080 servo that the regular mini E Revo uses? If they donít then I figured those wouldíve at least came preassembled with the black servo thats got the metal gears already in it.

I keep reading that word MERV and I guess I just had to look it up to see what it was.... I had no idea that people who use that word weíre talking about the 16 scale E Revo brushless but AnyWho, if thatís what you have, do those still use the same blue 2080 servo that the regular mini E Revo uses? If they donít then I figured those wouldíve at least came preassembled with the black servo thats got the metal gears already in it.

Haha I was the same I was like ďwhatís a MervĒ and then I figured out itís just short for Mini ERevo

Anyway yeah the cases are the same size and the 2080X comes in a cool black case while the 2080 is just the normal blue case, so the gears should fit no problem.

Haha I was the same I was like ďwhatís a MervĒ and then I figured out itís just short for Mini ERevo

Anyway yeah the cases are the same size and the 2080X comes in a cool black case while the 2080 is just the normal blue case, so the gears should fit no problem.

What did yours come with, the upgraded metal geared servo in the black case or did it come with the regular blue one?

What did yours come with, the upgraded metal geared servo in the black case or did it come with the regular blue one?

When I bought mine it still had the normal blue case with the plastic gears, ever since I bought it in January I never stripped any gears or replaced the servo.

Yeah one of my friend’s bought his younger sister a brushed 1/16th ERevo and the servo gears stripped out on the first day. I’ve been jumping my Merv over 6 feet in the air and landing double backflips without any servo issues.

I’ve found once you get the metal servo you will never have any servo issues again. I do the same as him all stock except for 2080x and rpm a arms. Still running fine.
    1/16 E-Revo VXL, Bandit XL-5 Just Gonna Send It!!

So, anybody whoís actually attempted to use the metal gears in the 2080x servo in the regular 2080 servo care to comment whether it was successful at all?

I mean after all, even if the only gear that I could use is the one that goes all the way down at the bottom on the other stem besides where the main little motor gear comes up from the case is really the only gear I would need to replace with the metal one because after further inspection of whatís actually stripping out in those cheap little blue 2080 servos, itís the tiny little gear thatís on top of the very bottom plastic gear thatís stripping out.

I didnít look at the rest of them under a microscope to see if there was any damage on any of the other gears but from what I could see just with my own naked two eyes, was that molded into tiny gear on top of the very bottom plastic gear where are the big part of it gets spun from the tiny metal gear thatís directly attached to the electric motor. I took one of his other servos apart and that same gear was in the same shape. All the other gears seemed to be OK except for that little bitty tiny one thatís molded into the top of the gear thatís on the very bottom.

Deleted because not true.
    Last edited by corneileous; 04-07-2021 at 11:24 AM.

I guess I waited too long to re-edit that last post but what Cody the representative that I originally talked to said that I misunderstood was that the 2082X gear set for the 2080X, hi torque servo in the gray plastic case, will work in the original 2080 servo.

Last edited by corneileous; 04-07-2021 at 12:20 PM.