RC poster

Tire / wheel upgrade

First post and fairly new to the RC hobby, so if this is a well known or easy fix please forgive me. I have searched and canít find any info that I take as 100% solid.

Two of my stock tiresí glue didnít hold up. Foam came out a little, but they are probably completely salvageable. With that said, I stopped by the local hobby shop to pick up parts for one of my other trucks and decided Iíd buy 4 new wheels and tires. Proline Badlands MX38. I didnít even check to make sure they would fit the XMAXX and got home to find they donít. They have a 17mm hub size. Hobby shop owner thought I may have to drill the wheels out to make them fit, I do remember him saying that, but nothing else. He knew they were for my XMAXX.

My question is, has anyone found an adapter or a way to run 17mm hub wheels on the XMAXX? I really canít find anything. If not, itís not the end of the world, as I can take them back, but Iíd like to be able to run the XMAXX.

RC Enthusiast
    The mx38's are more for an e-revo (run the belted badlands 38's on my erevo 2.0) and a little small for the xmaxx. You're looking for mx43 size or 4.3. I just picked up a set of badlands for my Xmaxx. They have 24mm hexes. Also in this size the badlands are NOT glued. They are true beadlocks. Also I find they don't really balloon that much, nowhere near the stocks.

Luck of the draw! x-maxx 8s, e-revo 2.0

RC poster
    Yeah, once I started researching, I noticed that what I thought I bought was the mx43s. Bummer that I’ll have to take them back. I was hoping that I could make them work. Thanks for the reply.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by RYANAROBINSON View Post
    Yeah, once I started researching, I noticed that what I thought I bought was the mx43s. Bummer that Iíll have to take them back. I was hoping that I could make them work. Thanks for the reply.
    Yeah no way to make the mx38 with 17mm hex fit on the xmaxx.

Gotta go with the mx43.

I enjoy my badlands. On stock gearing no ballooning. I ran my stock tires wrapped in kevlar.

If your stock tire just the side wall came out of the rim you can re glue it. If the side tore. And car is less than 30 days old. Call traxxas for warranty replacement. A tear will just keep tearing at some point and tire won't have long before it self destruct at some point.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    Yeah no way to make the mx38 with 17mm hex fit on the xmaxx.

Gotta go with the mx43.

I enjoy my badlands. On stock gearing no ballooning. I ran my stock tires wrapped in kevlar.

If your stock tire just the side wall came out of the rim you can re glue it. If the side tore. And car is less than 30 days old. Call traxxas for warranty replacement. A tear will just keep tearing at some point and tire won't have long before it self destruct at some point.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Got lucky and found 4 MX43s with wheels on eBay last night. Iíll have to assemble.. They should be in by Friday. No tears to the stock tires, just a glue issue. Some of the foam did come out and broke apart, but itís all repairable and at least Iíll have some backups.
    I had read about the stock tires and tearing / glue issues. I thought I was just lucky. The truck has been great with no breaks yet. Only issue I have had is the pinion gear set screw backing out with blue locktite. May move to the red.
    I have two Arrma Sentons as well. One had to have an ESC and motor warrantied. They both have had the front bumper middle support break, and the motor bearings lock up due to the open spur gear, one spur gear shredded, and a steering rod end broke. I have that taped the spur gear up closed now and seem to be doing good. The XMaxx really seems to be very resilient, though.