RC poster

How often do you guys go through tires?

4th charge cycle and blew a tire on my new xmaxx. It was the 4th charge cycle on it. I wasn't trying to two wheel it or self right it and had one blow. How often are you guys going through tires? did you upgrade or purchase direct replacements? are your new ones the same size or larger? Also are you buying just tires or pre mounted? I bought a pair of pre mounts this time and if I have another blow out in the near future ill see about upgrading

RC Champion
    If car new call traxxas for warranty replacement.

If tires ballooning a lot it will put stress on the tires. Running on asphalt can be hard on the tires and they can start pulling out of the rim more than other terrain.

I check my tires every every few runs to make sure the tires are still glued to the rims. Sometimes the glue breaks free and if you don't catch it early enough. It will tear the tire.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    I usually don't think about warranties when things go wrong, So when I noticed the side wall was shredded on a tire or two on mine early on, I ordered a full set of mounted Badlands from Proline... then parked it for about 18months. These are a surprisingly hard & stiff feeling tire. Just took it out recently in a super rocky area, launching off piles of 2-3" rocks, blasting thru weeds & brush (clearing the area out for my 1/10th scale) and cruising over some scrap metal. These tires still look untouched. So not the best representation of tire-life, but I'd say if you want some tough tires, the Badlands seem like they'll last a while.

RC Champion
    I forget to mention I like my badlands. They are heavier. Some people don't like that.

They don't balloon at all so no need to kevlar wrap them for me. I run badlands on all my cars.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Like Acid, I have the Proline's too. They don't balloon. I also have my Traxxas tires taped on the inside with Gorilla tape. That helps with the ballooning too. If you're using non-taped Traxxas tires, let off the throttle when you see them starting to balloon. If you do that they will last a long time. I still have and use my original 6s rated Traxxas tires, that I got, when the Xmaxx first came out.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

RC poster
    Does anyone know if the stock wheels/tires be modified with the gorilla tape to last longer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    I still have and use my original 6s rated Traxxas tires, that I got, when the Xmaxx first came out.
    Yep (see above), taping the inside of tires is nothing new. The technique has been around for a long time. If you look up, when the Xmaxx first hit the market, that's how long I've had my Traxxas 6s tires.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 04-08-2021 at 03:43 AM.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

RC Enthusiast
    Has anyone tried the Daboots backflip 8s tires on their Xmaxx? I am curious to know if their stance would be similar to the stock tires, i.e. overall truck+tire width and if they mount without making any hub changes. I really like the durability statements on the MX badlands but canít push around the extra weight (mostly stock). The original 3.8 badlands are fantastic on the Maxx and the daboots backflip are very similar. The next question is how they hold up on the Xmaxx, assume that taping or cord wrapping them would be required. Thanks

RC Qualifier
    I bought my 8S about 4 years ago. I ran 3 years on 6S and a year with 8S.

A few months ago one of the tires started coming unglued. I like green accessories so I went ahead and got a set of almost new green tires off of EBay.

I got out the tire glue and found all 4 tires were separating from the rims to varying degrees. A little bit of thin CA around fixed up the old tires so I have a set of spares now.

Tire life has a lot to do with how hard you drive it. I will check tire adhesion in my routine maintenance from now on though.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jjRC View Post
    Has anyone tried the Daboots backflip 8s tires on their Xmaxx? I am curious to know if their stance would be similar to the stock tires, i.e. overall truck+tire width and if they mount without making any hub changes. I really like the durability statements on the MX badlands but canít push around the extra weight (mostly stock). The original 3.8 badlands are fantastic on the Maxx and the daboots backflip are very similar. The next question is how they hold up on the Xmaxx, assume that taping or cord wrapping them would be required. Thanks

You will need these for the arrma dboots to fit. https://www.ebay.com/itm/264604261525
    The Center hole on the wheel is larger than the xmaxx one.

RC Enthusiast
    Interesting, cool thanks. Would be nice if those came in different anodized colors.

I found the tires unmounted but I suspect the uneven inner and outer Xmaxx wheel diameter rules out mounting them to the stock wheels.