RC Qualifier

X-Maxx for the 5th time.....

I keep buying and selling and regretting. But after being dissapointed with a certain competitor Ive returned.....

Some bits to do but cant wait 😁

RC Qualifier
    That charger looks like a Chinese copy of the venom quad....
    But nice truck!
    1/16 E-Revo VXL, Bandit XL-5 Just Gonna Send It!!

RC Qualifier
    Why are you immediately changing to the Max6?

RC Champion
    May the 5th Xmaxx be the charm that lasts

Enjoy
    fabricator

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by halygon View Post
    Why are you immediately changing to the Max6?
    Ever since the 6s Ive had no confidence in Traxxas ESCs so I simply I remove them and sell them as new for decent money, which pays almost for the Max 6.

I run XT90s so saves the hassle of changing Traxxas Connectors and voiding warranties etc

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatTraxxas View Post
    That charger looks like a Chinese copy of the venom quad....
    But nice truck!
    It was £150 from a reputable shop, but I see where youre coming from.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpowell911 View Post
    Ever since the 6s Ive had no confidence in Traxxas ESCs so I simply I remove them and sell them as new for decent money, which pays almost for the Max 6.

I run XT90s so saves the hassle of changing Traxxas Connectors and voiding warranties etc
    Gotcha. The vxl-8s is pretty solid of an ESC now, but it of course doesn't have extra features either. The point about selling it with the intact connectors makes a lot of sense.

RC Racer
    It was £150 from a reputable shop, but I see where youre coming from.
    I've just got one of these also. I suspect they're all made in the same factory in China anyway...

Only disappointment is that it doesn't have a "fuel" gauge like my last charger, as far as I can see...

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RJUK View Post
    I've just got one of these also. I suspect they're all made in the same factory in China anyway...

Only disappointment is that it doesn't have a "fuel" gauge like my last charger, as far as I can see...

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Now Ive had a play, Im well impressed with it

Added a Max 6, geared it up to 21/46 and installed my NB4 radio

I hope this one's a keeper!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by halygon View Post
    Gotcha. The vxl-8s is pretty solid of an ESC now, but it of course doesn't have extra features either. The point about selling it with the intact connectors makes a lot of sense.
    I 2nd this. Xmaxx 8S stock esc is awesome. I burned my motor up last week. ESC still strong!!! (I do however avoid water or moisture) Never had a problem or failure with Traxxas 8S ESC.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by tps34433 View Post
    I 2nd this. Xmaxx 8S stock esc is awesome. I burned my motor up last week. ESC still strong!!! (I do however avoid water or moisture) Never had a problem or failure with Traxxas 8S ESC.
    Whats the point keeping it away from moisture and water? Haha

RC Champion
    I keep buying and selling and regretting. But after being dissapointed with a certain competitor Ive returned.....

Some bits to do but cant wait ��
    Now Ive had a play, Im well impressed with it

Added a Max 6, geared it up to 21/46 and installed my NB4 radio

Excellent mate, thanks for sharing and hope you enjoy your monster.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks, had a quick blast yesterday. I just need more Lipos

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I did the same thing when I got my new Xmaxx, but I also changed the motor. Like you say, if you do that (and you make a good deal on your new motor and ESC) it's almost even money. I haven't had a spec of trouble (trouble wort talking about) with my Xmaxx with it having a Castle and Leopard setup.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 04-11-2021 at 05:35 AM.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

RC Qualifier
    I need to refrain from motor upgrades and accept what this truck is. I ruined my last two with Max 5/56XX set ups and it made them too over the top. Max 6, stock motor and higher gearing is the way to enjoy this truck IMO

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I understand what you are saying. What you want to do then (if you don't want to trash your Xmaxx with a big motor and crazy gearing) is just replace it with a better motor with the same KV and gearing.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 04-12-2021 at 04:15 AM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    I understand what you are saying. What you want to do then (if you don't want to trash your Xmaxx with a big motor and crazy gearing) is just replace it with a better motor with the same KV and gearing.
    Are there any motors that are equivalent to stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    What would that be? That uses the stock mount etc?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That I couldn't tell you off the top of my head, because I have the 6s version. I changed my stock setup with a Kershaw motor mount, made my ESC mount; and use a Leopard 1340kv, Castle XLX-2 and 54/26 or 29 gearing (depending on what wheels I'm using).

I'm sure you are a 8s man, and I think your Xmaxx has a 1200kv motor stock. If so, you're going to want to look at a better motor close to that KV. If I remember correctly, Leopard offers a 1100kv and Fuse (Horizon Hobby) offers a 1200kv motor. With either, I wouldn't be surprised if you needed a new motor mount. They are both beefier motors than what come stock on a 8s Xmaxx.

RC Qualifier
    That I couldn't tell you off the top of my head, because I have the 6s version. I changed my stock setup with a Kershaw motor mount, made my ESC mount; and use a Leopard 1340kv, Castle XLX-2 and 54/26 or 29 gearing (depending on what wheels I'm using).

I'm sure you are a 8s man, and I think your Xmaxx has a 1200kv motor stock. If so, you're going to want to look at a better motor close to that KV. If I remember correctly, Leopard offers a 1100kv and Fuse (Horizon Hobby) offers a 1200kv motor. With either, I wouldn't be surprised if you needed a new motor mount. They are both beefier motors than what come stock on a 8s Xmaxx.
    My intention is to keep stock motor

RC Enthusiast

Anyone know if the Castle Creations 1717-1260kv motor would fit in the stock motor mount?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jjRC View Post
    Anyone know if the Castle Creations 1717-1260kv motor would fit in the stock motor mount?

On castles website it says the 1717 1260kv gets hotter even easier than their 1650kv mode.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtim29 View Post
    On castles website it says the 1717 1260kv gets hotter even easier than their 1650kv mode.

Well that would be disappointing. Iím headed to their website now...

RC Enthusiast
    Iím mostly bashing around in big fields or gravel lots with hopes of visiting a nearby BMX track. The 1260kv seem comparable yet step up to the stock 8s motor. Am I wrong about that?

I bought the MMX8s + 1260kv combo because my stock esc smoked my receiver and for a little more than a warranty cost could ďupgradeĒ. My Xmaxx used to cog pretty badly so a sensored setup seemed attractive. Not in need of more power... yet.

I figure my options are:
    A) MMX8s paired with the cc 1260kv
    B) MMX8s paired with the stock motor and use the 1260kv elsewhere.

Which motor, stock or cc 1260kv, would do better in the Xmaxx?

Iím afraid option B will set me down a fun but cost inducing path of upgrading each RC behind it, i.e. cc 1260kv motor to erevo, erevo motor to Maxx, Maxx motor to Slash. Of course escís would need to follow.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jjRC View Post
    I’m mostly bashing around in big fields or gravel lots with hopes of visiting a nearby BMX track. The 1260kv seem comparable yet step up to the stock 8s motor. Am I wrong about that?

I bought the MMX8s + 1260kv combo because my stock esc smoked my receiver and for a little more than a warranty cost could “upgrade”. My Xmaxx used to cog pretty badly so a sensored setup seemed attractive. Not in need of more power... yet.

I figure my options are:
    A) MMX8s paired with the cc 1260kv
    B) MMX8s paired with the stock motor and use the 1260kv elsewhere.

Which motor, stock or cc 1260kv, would do better in the Xmaxx?

I’m afraid option B will set me down a fun but cost inducing path of upgrading each RC behind it, i.e. cc 1260kv motor to erevo, erevo motor to Maxx, Maxx motor to Slash. Of course esc’s would need to follow.

I think is prefer to use the combo with the 1260 kv motor, all CASTLE equipment if you have it.