RC poster

Voltage light blinking

I got 2 new batteries I've ran them a few times all of a sudden the voltage light is blinking and I got no throttle I've tried discharging them and recharging them, I've got 2 old batteries 1 of them is swelled and not showing any volts and everything works fine, the link app is showing 35 volts with the new batteries?? I got it to run for a little while today on the new batteries 15 min in and still 35 volts and showing full batteries on the link..I shut it of and can not get the voltage light back of for the life of me..any help would be much appreciated I have all traxxas 3s batteries

If you have 35 volts there is something wrong. Two 3s batteries for a total of 6s is only 25 volts.

RC poster
    So the only way my truck will run is if I charge the batteries halfway I'm using a traxxas charger

RC Enthusiast
    What batteries are you using?
    What charger are you using?
    Did you balance charge them?
    Seeing it's traxxas batteries, if you used the Traxxas ID charger, there shouldn't be any overcharge or anything, I would call traxxas and ask for a warranty replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Br8ton71 View Post
    So the only way my truck will run is if I charge the batteries halfway I'm using a traxxas charger
    Without more info than 35 volts and it runs when the batteries are at half their voltage, it sounds like your trying to run 4s batteries instead of 3s batteries.

What is the individual voltage of each battery?

RC poster
    So I figured out today I can only run my truck when the batteries are charged halfway I have 3s traxxas batteries and a dual ez peak charger, the voltage on the batteries is correct but I'm still not sure whether it's the batteries, charger or esc? Yes I balance charge them I've put them in storage mode and tried again, that's what I'm doing right now because I overcharged them I guess and truck will not run only flashing V light

Quote Originally Posted by Br8ton71 View Post
    So I figured out today I can only run my truck when the batteries are charged halfway I have 3s traxxas batteries and a dual ez peak charger, the voltage on the batteries is correct but I'm still not sure whether it's the batteries, charger or esc? Yes I balance charge them I've put them in storage mode and tried again, that's what I'm doing right now because I overcharged them I guess and truck will not run only flashing V light
    When the batteries are half charged and your able to use the truck what is the voltage according to the link app?
    What is the voltage before charging the batteries, and after charging?
    What ESC do you have?

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like a software issue with the esc. Like it thinks the voltage is higher then it is. Now I don't have any of the fancy link app stuff, but can you completely disable it? If so try that. Can it be updated? Try that. Maybe there is an adjustment that can be made? Can it be smashed with a hammer in a fit of rage and replaced by something else? (Kidding on that one... mostly)
    Take pics of your batteries, charger, and also the link app display in various stages of chargedness.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Fully charged the batteries are 12.4 volts, I've tried updating the app, reinstalling, no luck. Even when it is running the voltage on the app goes at the lowest 27 volts but likes to hang out in the 30's..low voltage seems to be working but when it kicks in it's done it might run at 50% for a minute. It's running for about 20 or 30 minutes. The app is not working or connected untill I have the truck running..Im thinking I'll buy 2 cheap batteries next week and start there I already have a diff charger..I'm using my phone I'm not sure how to post pictures I've already tried