RC Champion

Shock variable dampening kit ? Part #5461?

Does anyone know if this shock piston kit works in the Maxx shocks? part number 5461, I used the dual dampening pistons on my slash and rustler (rpm) they make a huge difference . thanks in advance for any help

Quote Originally Posted by Role View Post
    Does anyone know if this shock piston kit works in the Maxx shocks? part number 5461, I used the dual dampening pistons on my slash and rustler (rpm) they make a huge difference . thanks in advance for any help
    Says fitment is for E-Revo VXL, Jato, Revo, Summit and XO-1. I do not see the measurements of the 2 shocks as far as bore diameter or shock rod diameter..... If those were the same then you could use them, however if the shock is longer or shorter the pistons may not exactly perform the way you want them to. Different shock oil capacities and flow rates... Pretty sure traxxas would have listed that part as an accessory if it were applicable though. Looking at the rebuild kits of GTR and GTX shocks, I don't think it will work.
    It's a new model, usually those things show up later.... If not Traxxas, someone else.... As long as the model is popular.
    I never used dual dampening, but when I dialed in my springs and shock oil I was impressed with the difference... I liked progressive springs for bashing..... Again probably not out there ,,,, yet.
    Last edited by Nitronaught; 04-09-2021 at 12:21 PM.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Champion
    thanks dude ! You really help us out on this forum , Respect!

Quote Originally Posted by Role View Post
    Does anyone know if this shock piston kit works in the Maxx shocks? part number 5461
    Nope. The shock sizes aren't even close.

The GTR shock in the photo is the size that works with the variable dampening kit part#5461.