Finding a Pinion

I am running the Hobbywing Quickrun 2435 system and I cannot find a pinion gear that will fit. The whole in the stock pinion is too thin to fit on the motor shaft and I broke my drill bit multiple times trying to drill it larger. I found a pinion that fit the shaft at my local hobbyshop (Radient 11t MO.6 PM 2.3) but the teeth are too large to properly mesh with the spur gear. Is there any way that I can make the motor shaft a bit thinner to fit the stock pinion or is there any pinion that I can buy that will fit the shaft and properly mesh with the stock spur? Or mabey even a different spur that has teeth that will fit the larger pinion?
    Doesn't need to be fancy. Just needs to run.

https://www.amazon.com/Team-Associat...-games&sr=1-13
    Will this pinion fit the Hobbywing 2435 motor and mesh with the stock spur on prerunner?

Your Back!!! Man, I haven't seen you in a while.

Anyways, the only way that I could see this working is if you tried to drill out the pinion again, or find a giant pinion gear that has the the same tooth pitch as the pinion you want to run from your hobby shop and the diameter of the hole is the same as the center driveshaft thickness, and use a grub screw to hold it on. Chances are, the motor shaft will be harder to modify than a pinion. Unfortunately, these trucks are not the most popular and that makes compatible upgrades difficult to find. Hope this helps.

EDIT: That pinion would fit on the shaft, but the tooth pitch is unknown, so it might not mesh properly with your spur gear.
    Last edited by GreenSpider25; 04-09-2021 at 08:59 PM.
    Who needs coffee when you have a 10KV+ capacitor?

Yes I'm Baack in blaack
    I've been busy with school for a long while and haven't had the time to keep in touch with the forums. Idk how I drilled the pinion the first time because I broke the same drill bit 4 times before giving up haha
    I decided to take a dremel with a sandpaper grinder and have the motor run while carefully grinding it so it's all even. I ordered the new pinion at my local hobbyshop so hopefully it'll be in this week.