RC Qualifier

Finding a Pinion

I am running the Hobbywing Quickrun 2435 system and I cannot find a pinion gear that will fit. The whole in the stock pinion is too thin to fit on the motor shaft and I broke my drill bit multiple times trying to drill it larger. I found a pinion that fit the shaft at my local hobbyshop (Radient 11t MO.6 PM 2.3) but the teeth are too large to properly mesh with the spur gear. Is there any way that I can make the motor shaft a bit thinner to fit the stock pinion or is there any pinion that I can buy that will fit the shaft and properly mesh with the stock spur? Or mabey even a different spur that has teeth that will fit the larger pinion?
    https://www.amazon.com/Team-Associat...-games&sr=1-13
    Will this associated pinion fit the motor and mesh with the stock spur?
    Doesn't need to be fancy. Just needs to run.

RC Enthusiast
    You need something with a 2.3mm inner Diameter. ********* has them. I believe i am running a 13t on mine versus the stock 11. They make a 9t as well and its the correct mesh as well.

RC Enthusiast
    https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...ushless-setups

That post has some other options as well

RC Qualifier
    Thanks!! I'll see what I can find.
    I ordered the latrax 14t pinion at my lhs and plan to take a dremel to the motor shaft, though I don't feel comfortable grinding the shaft down because the pinion can be replaced, but the shaft can't.
    Doesn't need to be fancy. Just needs to run.

RC Enthusiast
    With all due respect that is a horrible idea. you would be better off making the hole in the pinion bigger. At that when you enlarge it it needs to be centered otherwise the pinion will spin out of round and chew up your spur. Order the pinion from H o b b y k i n g or one of the other place from the other thread. Don't waste your time.