RC poster

I'm unable to switch off UDR vehicle Radio

This might be a stupid question but I have had my UDR for about 6 months and since I first turned it on, I have not been able to turn it off by pressing the button on the blue radio box. I have to unplug one of the batteries to switch it off. Very inconvenient. I've read the book and it says pressing the button should turn it off. looked around online and couldn't find anyone mentioning the same problem.
    I also installed the light kits and I guess the only way to control the lights is thru the app or drilling a hole in the hood so I can get to the control box for the lights. Otherwise the truck is great.

Quote Originally Posted by AF Bounder View Post
    This might be a stupid question but I have had my UDR for about 6 months and since I first turned it on, I have not been able to turn it off by pressing the button on the blue radio box. I have to unplug one of the batteries to switch it off. Very inconvenient. I've read the book and it says pressing the button should turn it off. looked around online and couldn't find anyone mentioning the same problem.
    I also installed the light kits and I guess the only way to control the lights is thru the app or drilling a hole in the hood so I can get to the control box for the lights. Otherwise the truck is great.
    The newer software on the Traxxas ESCs is all like this. I think the reason that it is like that is to make you unplug the batteries so that you don't forget about them and leave them plugged in (leaving them plugged in too long can over-discharge LiPos). Made the mistake of updating mines (Bluetooth module) and now it has the same issue.

As for the lights, you do not need to cut a hole in the hood. You can access it from underneath the left front fender (not hard to reach once you know where it is).
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC poster
    Thanks for the info. It wouldn't be a big deal but it is such a hassle getting the battery access door on and off to unplug them. Thanks for the tip on the lights.

As RCWilly said. No more off button except for unplugging batteries.