Watch this:

Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    Watch this:

Centrifugal force is a mof'

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    I've seen that one before...but, it still blows my mind watching it. If course, something the video doesn't mention is that those tires aren't exactly designed for going super fast.

~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    I've seen that one before...but, it still blows my mind watching it. If course, something the video doesn't mention is that those tires aren't exactly designed for going super fast.

~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place
    I have that car, and those are the stock tires. It's the bigfoot/gravedigger

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    The road to a 100mph 2wd slash

Buying belted tires prevents it. Taping the inside of the tire helps also. On my faster brushless trucks, I wrap my tires externally with 500lb cored kevlar cord. Keeps them from ballooning and blowing apart or off the wheels.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

RC Competitor
    OP here .....Wholly Crap.!!!! That is crazy. I think I've seen it. That is wild. Does that cause a truck to drift right or left.?? Will one tire balloon more than another.??

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    Buying belted tires prevents it. Taping the inside of the tire helps also. On my faster brushless trucks, I wrap my tires externally with 500lb cored kevlar cord. Keeps them from ballooning and blowing apart or off the wheels.
    Really. I have some Kevlar. How do you knot it off.? Just one wrap per tire.??

Quote Originally Posted by Pintail View Post
    Really. I have some Kevlar. How do you knot it off.? Just one wrap per tire.??
    I usually use one wrap per channel and 2 channels. I use a long single 4 wrap knot, then glue the entire knot and put a dot of glue every other lug or so in case the cord breaks. Then it's not so horrible to remove/replace, but also does it's job so I can finish out a bash session.

I align the cord down the channel between lugs, wrap the 4 wrap knot, then pull it snug. Go around the tire and make sure it's fully seated against the tire and pull the knot snug again, then glue it.

This is a usb cord with the kind of knot I use, it's just easier to see for example:

These are some tires I've done:
    Backflips:

Trencher 3.8's and talon ext's (just had the normal talons for size comparison);

Even though the cord isn't in a straight line on the backflips, it still keeps them from ballooning pretty good. You can see it here in this video if you skip to 3:26:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKQMMXDqU30

That thing is geared for 50mph or more and in the video, I have it WOT on it's back. Was showing the noise of the new motor at full tilt.
    Last edited by olds97_lss; 04-14-2021 at 10:53 AM.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

RC Competitor
    Thanks for posting those up Olds97. Very interesting. I don't think I'm there yet. I've been getting some drifting at WOT, I'm guessing 50+mph. Today I cranked up the TSM to about 3 o'clock and that helped a lot. My Rustler is pretty close to where its most fun to drive. Fast, straight and pulling wheelies at relatively high speeds. Pretty cool rig.

You can buy belted tires, or just use Gorilla tape and tape them up!

Have fun!
    Last edited by Squeegie; 04-14-2021 at 09:24 PM.
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein