RC Racer

Stock tire question

After running the duratrax lockup x for a few months now, Iíve came to the realization that theyíre a bit to heavy for my liking. I got those tires because one of my stock tires exploded one week into owning the car. Say I buy a new pair of stock tires, tape the inner holes of the rim, (currently running 100k diff fluid) and put 500k diff oil into the front and rear diffs... With a thicker diff fluid do they have a better chance of not blowing out? Again thatís the main reason I went with the duratrax, because they wonít blow out .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtim29 View Post
    After running the duratrax lockup x for a few months now, I’ve came to the realization that they’re a bit to heavy for my liking. I got those tires because one of my stock tires exploded one week into owning the car. Say I buy a new pair of stock tires, tape the inner holes of the rim, (currently running 100k diff fluid) and put 500k diff oil into the front and rear diffs... With a thicker diff fluid do they have a better chance of not blowing out? Again that’s the main reason I went with the duratrax, because they won’t blow out .

I think with the tape and thicker fluid your stock tires do the work.

RC Racer
    I was gonna buy them pre-mounted, I donít mind the ballooning as long as itís not excessive. I just donít a tire thatís gonna explode, I just donít like the weight of belted tires[emoji23]

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    If you tape up your stock Xmaxx tires they can take a nice amount more free spinning throttle before they start to balloon, but they still will start to balloon at some point of free spinning acceleration.

To keep any tire from shredding (during free spinning) you have to back off the throttle (when you see your truck's wheels are in the air), and they start to flatten out. The reason why you tape up tires is not to make them shred proof, but to make them shred resistant by giving you more time to react during a free spinning condition.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 04-17-2021 at 05:42 AM.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    If you tape up your stock Xmaxx tires they can take a nice amount more free spinning throttle before they start to balloon, but they still will start to balloon at some point of free spinning acceleration.

To keep any tire from shredding (during free spinning) you have to back off the throttle (when you see your truck's wheels are in the air), and they start to flatten out. The reason why you tape up tires is not to make them shred proof, but to make them shred resistant by giving you more time to react during a free spinning condition.
    I think Iím just going to stick with the duratrax belted tires. For my style of driving, they will do. And after lots of reading it seems like the best option.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Sounds good. The only advantage the Traxxas tires have is that they are lighter and more pliable than most of the other tires out there. I use them on slower tracks due to really ruff conditions.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 04-18-2021 at 05:17 AM.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.