RC Enthusiast

pinion gear for traxxas slash 4x4 brushed 32 pitch

Hello i need a pinion gear for my slash and the stock 11tooth is pretty slow i was wondering if yall had some pointers on how to go faster but not stupid fast and i am not going to go brushless so thanks in advance

Subscribe on youtube to texan slash i need it

RC poster
    get a 23t pinion for it you will get some more speed out of that

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mongoose1324 View Post
    Hello i need a pinion gear for my slash and the stock 11tooth is pretty slow i was wondering if yall had some pointers on how to go faster but not stupid fast and i am not going to go brushless so thanks in advance

Subscribe on youtube to texan slash i need it
    I'd go with a 15t at the max on a brushed motor.

RC poster
    get a 23t pinion for it you will get some more speed out of that and thats what i use to use wen i had a brushed system it did pretty good
    Last edited by 4x4fan; 04-14-2021 at 11:07 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 4x4fan View Post
    get a 23t pinion for it you will get some more speed out of that and thats what i use to use wen i had a brushed system it did pretty good

Do you know where i could get a 32 pitch 23t gear

RC Competitor
    Could stick with same pinion and go with small spur 54 is stock maybe try 50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    I want to keep the spur so when i ain't too broke to get the brush-less system i can get 60 mph without having to find the spur or the pinion just slap in the motor and esc and the larger pinion and be done my bench is my room and my room is a mess so i have trouble keeping up with parts if i forget them
    Last edited by mongoose1324; 04-14-2021 at 12:41 PM.

RC Competitor
    I want to keep the spur so when i ain't too broke to get the brush-less system i can get 60 mph without having to find the spur or the pinion just slap in the motor and esc and the larger pinion and be done my bench is my room and my room is a mess so i have trouble keeping up with parts if i forget them
    You started now 4 forms asking the same question in a different way everyoneís gonna agree brushless or stick with the brushed system. Just because you get brushless system and a bigger pinion gear doesnít mean your slash will go 60mph you still have the differential gear ratios.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4fan View Post
    Didn't know you could get a 23t pinion in with a 54t spur. I run a 20t with a 50t spur and it's tight. Guess I'll have to go looking for a 23t pinion now.
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Competitor
    23/54 or 23/50 is wayyyyyyyyyy too steep for a brushed system, it'll burn that motor immediately... Go a few teeth larger, or just wait and upgrade to vxl. Imo even with a vxl thats pushing it really hard and you're going to have heat problems.

RC Enthusiast
    I need help

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by JTin View Post
    You started now 4 forms asking the same question in a different way everyone’s gonna agree brushless or stick with the brushed system. Just because you get brushless system and a bigger pinion gear doesn’t mean your slash will go 60mph you still have the differential gear ratios.
    what is the diff gear ratio that i would need to go 60+

RC Enthusiast
    and no i just want help getting different answers form different peoples
    Last edited by mongoose1324; 04-15-2021 at 12:34 PM.

RC Competitor
    You need the diffs out of the brushless model. I dont remember exactly what the gear ratio is.

RC poster
    60+ is not possible (practically) with a brushed model. I know because I have tried getting max speed out of my 2wd brushed on pavement and I would guess i only hit like 35.

RC Competitor
    Brushless 2.85 and I think the brushed is high 3.xx not 100% sure, just go with a 16T if your going to stick with your brushed motor

Last edited by 2000ss; 04-16-2021 at 02:23 PM.
    SlashUltimate/Slash4x4/Merv/SlayerPro

RC Competitor

pinion gear for traxxas slash 4x4 brushed 32 pitch

That doesnít matter as much. When you go brushless youíll break driveline parts. Upgrade them and learn how fix that and retune your truck. Study them exploded views I have them saved as favorites. If you have the plastic ultra shocks (I still do) they suck Iím always bending shafts especially the front. Mess with your shock oil find out how you like your truck to handle. Most will say nothing more then 80 weight. This form is full of great info I can usually find an answer for my question on here. Donít worry about the difs till you have more of an understanding there fine unless your having an issue with them. Itís not a cheep hobby. I know traxxas had old 2pole brushless motors could find them on eBay but really gotta watch your heat and your not going 60+. However still and upgrade from the brushed one.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by JTin View Post
    That doesn’t matter as much. When you go brushless you’ll break driveline parts. Upgrade them and learn how fix that and retune your truck. Study them exploded views I have them saved as favorites. If you have the plastic ultra shocks (I still do) they suck I’m always bending shafts especially the front. Mess with your shock oil find out how you like your truck to handle. Most will say nothing more then 80 weight. This form is full of great info I can usually find an answer for my question on here. Don’t worry about the difs till you have more of an understanding there fine unless your having an issue with them. It’s not a cheep hobby. I know traxxas had old 2pole brushless motors could find them on eBay but really gotta watch your heat and your not going 60+. However still and upgrade from the brushed one.

I have some of those 2 pole systems. They're absolutely great, but if you cant get a setup for less than 100 bucks, I'd just buy the hobbywing max10 honestly. I own both, and its very comparable.