RC Enthusiast

2wd stampede for second rc car?

does anybody here think a 2wd stampede would be a good choice for a second rc car? also, do they have any common problems?

I am assuming that you are talking about the XL-5 Stampede, but the Stampede is a very good truck that has a lot of potential. I have had mine since around May 2018 and it is still going strong (even though not much is original anymore). Some common problems that these trucks have is that the stock caster blocks are not super strong once you go to brushless and might break often, so I would recommend getting aluminum caster blocks and steering blocks. Without the aluminum steering blocks, the steering kingpins will bend and if you are not careful, you might not be able to get them out. The XL-5 Stampede also has bushings, which when they wear out, they will cause there to be a lot of slop in your wheels and they will wobble when you move them around. I would also recommend getting a motor guard to protect your gearbox and motor from getting hit when you crash.
    Who needs coffee when you have a 10KV+ capacitor?

RC poster
    Great RC truck. I have two one brushed the other brushless. Both have some upgrades and are really great to run!!!!
    Fred Boylstein
    79 Goldwing
    VMAX

I don't have the Stampede, but I have the Slash, and the only "performance" upgrade I'd really get is the Hot racing sealed differential. The 2wd diffs out fairly easily, with just grease inside. 10K or 30K oil in the sealed diff should be good depending on the terrain you drive on.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.