RC Qualifier

NEW! 4-Tec 3.0 Chassis with Corvette Stingray Body

You are draining my wallet Traxxas!!! I need one!

Longer and wider wheelbase!!! AND The C8 Corvette body!!!!

https://traxxas.com/products/landing/corvette/
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

Nice!
    Thanks for posting!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Wow, did not see that coming... All my attention was on the drag truck

That looks amazing!!!!!!!!

Also is this the first V3 from Traxxas?
    (I think there's also a chance that the clipless body mount system will be implemented on the TRX-4)
    Last edited by RCWilly; 04-14-2021 at 07:49 PM.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC Champion
    With the longer wheelbase, wider stance, larger diameter wheels & tires, and larger body, I just don't get how they're still claiming this to be 1/10 scale. Either the 2.0 was 1/10, or the 3.0 is 1/10...but both can't be. So...what's up with this?

Don't get me wrong...this is NOT to say I don't like it. While I (somewhat) liked the 2.0, I never found enough reason to buy one...but, with the 3.0, the only "reason" that'll be holding me back is my bank account.

~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    With the longer wheelbase, wider stance, larger diameter wheels & tires, and larger body, I just don't get how they're still claiming this to be 1/10 scale. Either the 2.0 was 1/10, or the 3.0 is 1/10...but both can't be. So...what's up with this?
    2.0 Wheelbase: 10.1 inches -----> 101 inches irl
    3.0 Wheelbase: 11.3 inches -----> 113 inches irl
    Honda Civic Wheelbase (irl): 106.3 inches
    Toyota Camry Wheelbase (irl): 111.2 inches
    Subaru Impreza Wheelbase (irl): 99.41 inches

2.0 Front Track (width): 7.7 inches -----> 77 inches irl
    3.0 Front Track (width): 8.1 inches -----> 81 inches irl
    Honda Civic Width (irl): 70.8-70.9 inches
    Toyota Camry Width (irl): 72.4 inches
    Subaru Impreza Width (irl): 70.0 inches

I'd say the wheelbase is within tenth scale. Both are a bit wider (probably for stability), but isn't too far off, so I guess both can be classified as tenth scale (still a reasonable classification imho).

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by RCWilly View Post
    2.0 Wheelbase: 10.1 inches -----> 101 inches irl
    3.0 Wheelbase: 11.3 inches -----> 113 inches irl
    Honda Civic Wheelbase (irl): 106.3 inches
    Toyota Camry Wheelbase (irl): 111.2 inches
    Subaru Impreza Wheelbase (irl): 99.41 inches

2.0 Front Track (width): 7.7 inches -----> 77 inches irl
    3.0 Front Track (width): 8.1 inches -----> 81 inches irl
    Honda Civic Width (irl): 70.8-70.9 inches
    Toyota Camry Width (irl): 72.4 inches
    Subaru Impreza Width (irl): 70.0 inches

I'd say the wheelbase is within tenth scale. Both are a bit wider (probably for stability), but isn't too far off, so I guess both can be classified as tenth scale (still a reasonable classification imho).
    First, this is a Corvette...NOT a honda, toyota, or Subaru. You might as well be tossing in dimensional specs for a Lamborghini Countach, Ford F-150 Raptor, and 1956 Cadillac Eldorado. More importantly, you're not even close to getting the point that I was making. My point was that Traxxas is "claiming" that BOTH the 2.0 AND 3.0 are (supposedly) '1/10'. I'm NOT saying "both" aren't...only that, based on the body choices, only one (2.0 OR 3.0) "could" be.

Since You're tossing out dimensional specs (and, again, for vehicles not really having anything to do with either the 2.0 or 3.0 chassis), might as well provide the specs for cars that ACTUALLY matter (in relation to the 2.0/3.0).

Vehicle / wheelbase / width:
    2017 Ford Mustang / 107.1 / 75.4
    2021 Chevy Corvette / 107.2 / 76.1
    2017 Chevy Corvette / 106.7 / 77.4

The last one I tossed in, "just because". Now, let's consider/compare the 2017 Mustang (4-Tec 2.0) to the 2021 Corvette (4-Tec 3.0). The real-world versions of BOTH vehicles have virtually identical wheelbases (0.1" difference) & widths (0.7" difference). As such, the 1/10 versions...if we just talk about the wheelbase...should have (essentially) identical wheelbases (ie. 10.7", if we're talking TRUE scale...which, we're not, as "true" scale is NOT my point).

It's not whether the 2.0, or 3.0, is closer to being more accurate. Think of it this way - let's assume that at least one of these chassis were to be considered "truly accurate" (we both know they're not, but that's not the point...just go with me on this one, at least for the moment). As the 'scale' of these two chassis is separated by a foot, obviously, one of them would not be 'accurate'...it doesn't matter which, it's just that, obviously, one of them is NOT 'accurate'. You can't have "scale" versions of two different vehicles, where the real-world examples have the same wheelbase, but the "scale" versions have two entirely different wheelbases, and 'claim' both to be off the same "scale"...THAT'S the point I was making.

I'm NOT trying to claim that the 2.0 is "not scaled accurately", to nor am I trying to claim that the 3.0 is "not scaled accurately". I was only pointing out the fact that they 'both' can't accurately be "1/10 scale". Now, are you getting it?

As for the 'vette, itself, I REALLY like it. My only "complaint" is that Traxxas is making a "mistake" is making people wait for the brushless version.

Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    First, this is a Corvette...NOT a honda, toyota, or Subaru. You might as well be tossing in dimensional specs for a Lamborghini Countach, Ford F-150 Raptor, and 1956 Cadillac Eldorado. More importantly, you're not even close to getting the point that I was making. My point was that Traxxas is "claiming" that BOTH the 2.0 AND 3.0 are (supposedly) '1/10'. I'm NOT saying "both" aren't...only that, based on the body choices, only one (2.0 OR 3.0) "could" be.

Since You're tossing out dimensional specs (and, again, for vehicles not really having anything to do with either the 2.0 or 3.0 chassis), might as well provide the specs for cars that ACTUALLY matter (in relation to the 2.0/3.0).

Vehicle / wheelbase / width:
    2017 Ford Mustang / 107.1 / 75.4
    2021 Chevy Corvette / 107.2 / 76.1
    2017 Chevy Corvette / 106.7 / 77.4

The last one I tossed in, "just because". Now, let's consider/compare the 2017 Mustang (4-Tec 2.0) to the 2021 Corvette (4-Tec 3.0). The real-world versions of BOTH vehicles have virtually identical wheelbases (0.1" difference) & widths (0.7" difference). As such, the 1/10 versions...if we just talk about the wheelbase...should have (essentially) identical wheelbases (ie. 10.7", if we're talking TRUE scale...which, we're not, as "true" scale is NOT my point).

It's not whether the 2.0, or 3.0, is closer to being more accurate. Think of it this way - let's assume that at least one of these chassis were to be considered "truly accurate" (we both know they're not, but that's not the point...just go with me on this one, at least for the moment). As the 'scale' of these two chassis is separated by a foot, obviously, one of them would not be 'accurate'...it doesn't matter which, it's just that, obviously, one of them is NOT 'accurate'. You can't have "scale" versions of two different vehicles, where the real-world examples have the same wheelbase, but the "scale" versions have two entirely different wheelbases, and 'claim' both to be off the same "scale"...THAT'S the point I was making.

I'm NOT trying to claim that the 2.0 is "not scaled accurately", to nor am I trying to claim that the 3.0 is "not scaled accurately". I was only pointing out the fact that they 'both' can't accurately be "1/10 scale". Now, are you getting it?

As for the 'vette, itself, I REALLY like it. My only "complaint" is that Traxxas is making a "mistake" is making people wait for the brushless version.

I see your point. The reason I was comparing Hondas and Toyotas was just to be generic for aftermarket body options of the 2.0, but it'd probably made more sense to compare it with the actual C8 for the 3.0. I like the Corvette as well. It would be interesting to see the aftermarket wheel and tire options for it.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by RCWilly View Post
    I see your point. The reason I was comparing Hondas and Toyotas was just to be generic for aftermarket body options of the 2.0, but it'd probably made more sense to compare it with the actual C8 for the 3.0. I like the Corvette as well. It would be interesting to see the aftermarket wheel and tire options for it.
    You are VERY right about once thing...this looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!

But, there are three things that will definitely make it better - brushless (3-4S would be even better, compared to 2-3S), upgrade parts (Traxxas and/or 3rd-party), and additional body choices (especially more sports/supercar options).

I realize the likelihood of officially licenced bodies is unlikely...but, knockoffs would be acceptable. Imagine this chassis worth something resembling a McLaren, Lamborghini, TDR, or Koenigsegg. Almost all of the bodies made by BittyDesign are unlicenced "copycats" (for example, the AGATA is, essentially, a Lamborghini).

RC Racer
    It's awesome to be fair, my whole love affair with rc started nearly 20 years ago with a nitro 4tec, that's long dead but I've always got a tec in my garage. The size worries me though, the 2.0 is perfect, all 200mm bodies fit, 26mm tyres, 12mm hex, it's just compatible with everything.
    Maybe this is the start of a new scale, i remember when 1/7 came out, i thought it was crazy but now it's everywhere.

I will definately be having one when the brushless version comes out, or even better, just a roller so i can fit my own.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyRC View Post
    The size worries me though, the 2.0 is perfect, all 200mm bodies fit, 26mm tyres, 12mm hex, it's just compatible with everything.
    Maybe this is the start of a new scale, i remember when 1/7 came out, i thought it was crazy but now it's everywhere.
    The availability of aftermarket parts could be a problem.
    Chances are slim that other brands wil follow this new scale.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by StijnH View Post
    The availability of aftermarket parts could be a problem.
    Chances are slim that other brands wil follow this new scale.

I have a horrible feeling that you're right, i do hope for progression of this awesome hobby though that we are wrong. Looks like a great new platform.

RC Champion
    I have been looking at the chassis plan and am interested in all the extra room you can stuff longer motor and 4-6s ESC. The bigger wheels might make it easier for speed runs too..

Now Iím waiting or for the VXL version with the adjustable links, I wonder if they will put the 2400kv motor in there, there is soooo much room in the chassis pan.

RC poster
    Is anyone hearing any serious rumors about a brushless version?

My Stampede 4x4 started out brushed and I upgraded it to VXL brushless. I'm wondering what the best brushless system would be for this car?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    I wonder how well 1/8 foams will fit on this.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC Racer
    Fraser Valley, British Columbia, Canada-The Wet Coast!
    I hope they make a brushless version! There is so much room in the chassis, even if you took the Rx box off the servo, you could still fit something like an MMX in there!
    Slash 2WD Vision Edition
    200+ posts, here I come!