RC poster

Question I am a newbie and want to know what upgrades are a must have for the stampede 4x4

Hi guys I have just bought a stampede 4x4 unassembled kit and I have assembled it I want to know what upgrades I should buy for my amazing truck!

RC poster
    My wife and I built a couple of the kits last fall, it was a good way to get to know our way through the truck, our first RCs. First thing we did was the aluminum slipper clutch adapter, and the LED bar for the front bumper. Wasn't long before our shock caps were popping off, so we upgraded to aluminum shock caps... and the list goes on, but those were our first mods. In the end, we've spent more $ than we would have if we bought a higher end truck, but it's been fun to upgrade them to our liking over time.

Brushless system, then upgrade whatever breaks (or whatever you feel should be improved! Give it some wheel time first!

If you don't really want to wait, here are some common upgrades that most people do:
    - Tires (Proline Trenchers or Proline Badlands are popular)
    - Better shocks (the shock caps tend to pop off on hard jumps; you can either get aluminum shock caps with the plastic shock bodies, get the STRC aluminum shock bodies and keep the plastic shock caps, or just upgrade the shocks to GTR shocks. The aluminum shock caps are the cheapest option but uses shoulder screws instead of ball joints; the STRC aluminum shock bodies are a bit more expensive, but have adjustable preload, less friction, and allows you to keep the ball joints; the GTR shocks is the most expensive option, but holds more oil, has an aluminum shock body, and also TiN coated shock shafts which lower friction and are harder to bend/break)
    - Revo spec slipper clutch (probably will not need this unless you get a brushless system in it)
    - Axle/Driveshafts (probably will not need this unless you get a brushless system in it; options include cheap ones from Amazon/eBay/Bangood, Traxxas CVDs for the 4x4, Traxxas CVDs for the XO-1, Traxxas "extreme duty" telescoping shafts, Tekno M6 dogbones, and MIP)
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC poster
    Hi guys thanks for the ideas does anyone know of a good site that sells this stuff in or ships to Europe at a considerable price?

Quote Originally Posted by Rc Patriot View Post
    Hi guys thanks for the ideas does anyone know of a good site that sells this stuff in or ships to Europe at a considerable price?
    Amain Hobbies is a pretty good website and has a good selection of replacement and upgrade parts at fair prices, but I am not entirely sure about their shipping costs and stuff. Here's their international shipping details (based in Chico, California, US):

https://www.amainhobbies.com/international-shipping/i3
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC poster
    Just bought two xl5 kits for me and myson a couple weeks ago. Searching the stampeded before purchasing them I came up with this upgrades.....
    -traxxas aluminum shock caps
    -traxxas coated shock shafts
    -revo oversized hub assembly
    -revo hd clutch
    -traxxas aluminum hub support
    -traxxas aluminum driveshaft
    -traxxas front input adapter

I've been running mine on 2s 5000 battery with onyx 4000kv brushless system and I think a 12tooth pinion REMEMBER I have stock brushed stampede axle shafts and ring and pinion AND NOT ONE SINGLE ISSUE WITH ANY OF IT!
    Were running them in a abounded sand pit by me so theres tons of jump faces/backyard bashing/local baseball & soccer fields and me or my sons trucks havent had a failure yet.
    On a side not I also installed aluminum motor brace with over sized bearing. I did this because of comments that brushless will bend the stock plastic setup and eat the gears. My only complaint is aftermarket motor mounts are not machined correctly to let the gear cover stay sealed. This in a rare case can let dirt into the gear mesh and make the teeth round off (happened to me last week somehow) $4 dollars and it was fixed but still....so I think I'm gonna buy a VERY high quality bearing for the stock plastic motor mount and put them back in just so the gear cover fits correctly. We will not be jumping this trucks to the moon OR launching them at skate parks so I cant see the stock motor mount bending

RC poster
    40wt shock oil and then adjust spring spacers to set ride height/suspension reaction. For me the stock differential oil is WAY TOO THIN I went to 50k and it's better but I'm gonna try 100k soon