RC poster

Cool Rusty pinion spur

I just purchased xerun xr8 sct 5100kv motor ...what size spur/pinion should I buy?????

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Smk247 View Post
    I just purchased xerun xr8 sct 5100kv motor ...what size spur/pinion should I buy?????
    I cant say, as my first though is something like, "wow! I feel like 5100kv is pretty high kv rating considering actual weight/mass or Rusty? Orr, R4sty? Not clear on that. I had a redcat lightning epx pro that overheated similar-kv motors on stock gearing...

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Smk247 View Post
    I'm guessing the smallest one in the world......

RC Competitor
    Are you replacing a brushed motor or a VXL motor? I would just run the stock ones and see what happens, then adjust from there. I run the stock brushed gears on my Mini E-Revo with a 5700kv 1/10 scale motor and it’s awesome. I usually only gear taller if my motor goes down in kv; I don’t gear shorter if the motor spins faster, since the whole point of a high kv motor is to make the thing go faster. Of course I’m usually going up in scale on the motor and I don’t get heat issues...

TL;DR: 11/54
    Last edited by ricky.blobby; 04-17-2021 at 05:57 PM.