RC poster

Slash 4x4 1/16 front steering problem

Hello!

I'm a complete newbie with mechanics, RC cars and anything remotely related. I'm currently the owner of a ~2017 Slash 4x4 1/16 which has suffered a frontal collision with the wall. The effect of that was some damage to the frontal steering - the car only drives directly forward when the steering adjustment on the control is moved farthest to the right. I've watched a few repair videos and tried disassembling the front pieces. However, I couldn't even identify the problem. My goal is to identify, order the required parts if needed and ultimately fix the issue.

You'll find a few images and a video here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...e6?usp=sharing.

Hope I've articulated the problem well enough to make useful observations possible. Will be thankful for any help and additional questions!

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!

Based on that middle picture, along with your description, it looks like your front bulkhead is broken, and likely some of the steering components in that area. I would recommend pulling all of that apart and seeing what needs to be replaced.

Recommend posting up on the 1/16 Slash part of the Traxxas forums, you'll likely get more specific answers to your problem.

https://forums.traxxas.com/forumdisp...-Slash-VXL-4WD
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Champion
    You can try re-centering your servo arm. I'm thinking either the servo arm or gears jumped a couple of teeth. This video will help show you how to do that.

RC poster
    Thanks all for the suggestions! I'll start by re-centering the servo arm.