I joined the 4s Maxx club

I was finally able to do it gents. After getting my actual car fixed (3k for engine rebuild!) I am now a proud owner of the Maxx! I was able to snag the Solar Flair model Oh I canít wait for it to get here!!

Is there anything I need to kno for the Maxx that are weak points thatíll need attention pretty quick after the first few runs? Anything that are must do upgrades?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm just a noob

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketzx1 View Post
    I was finally able to do it gents. After getting my actual car fixed (3k for engine rebuild!) I am now a proud owner of the Maxx! I was able to snag the Solar Flair model Oh I canít wait for it to get here!!

Is there anything I need to kno for the Maxx that are weak points thatíll need attention pretty quick after the first few runs? Anything that are must do upgrades?

Welcome to the club! The Maxx is a blast and easily the most durable RC I've ever owned in 30 years of RC.

Nothing you have to do. I say run it, have fun, upgrade as things break...

The best upgrade I've done is easily the widekit. It really helps it from rolling over. I drive on grass and pavement so it was a needed upgrade for me. If you do mostly dirt driving, you might not feel the same way....

RC Racer
    As far as upgrades down the road - Servo and caster hubs... that's about it. It's a really solid RC IMO. Like a tank that rips and wheelies on demand.

RC Racer
    Why the caster hubs?

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    I had to get steel driveshafts because I would chew through the plastic ones. I also got a steel spur gear but thats because I live in a sandy area and the sand would grind up the plastic one. That's the only two things that were necessary for me.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

So basically same rule of thumb as with other rcs, upgrade as you break it. Just wasnít sure if there were any hardcore upgrades needed right away

I'm just a noob

RC Racer
    So basically same rule of thumb as with other rcs, upgrade as you break it. Just wasnít sure if there were any hardcore upgrades needed right away

Pretty much. Aluminum toe links are also really nice because the are adjustable.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Sounds like a plan to me gents! Iíll upgrade what breaks and do the wide kit later on.

I'm just a noob

RC Enthusiast
    The only upgrade I have done to my sons Maxx is a Hot Racing tall battery hold down. He bashes quite hard as a 11 yr old would. So far only lost one pin in the driveshaft and this was when the truck was brand new and the ESC bricked. (warrantied by Traxxas). Oh and replaced 2 tires from blow outs.

Well gents sheís here.

Iím impressed with the stoutness this rc has. I did a quick test on 3s using an adapter for the trx plug, sheís pretty quick on 3s. I swapped to XT90 connector since itís what I use for all my rcs.

Ran out of daylight to try 4s, got home pretty late from work unfortunately. So instead Iíll be taking it to work tomorrow and ripping it up after work. So excited!

I'm just a noob

Congrats. I picked up the same one a few weeks ago. Just put the blue Widemaxx kit on it last Saturday. These things are a blast.

Maxx, Rustler 4x4 VXL, 1/16 E-Revo VXL, Slash 2wd

RC Racer
    I too got the solar flare about two months ago, it's such a good looking car!

In terms of upgrades, like many have said, not much is necessary straight away. I've only broken a caster block and I think that happened because it was a defective one, the plastic had a lot of porosity from when it was moulded. My steering already has a good bit of slop and the servo saver spring feel too soft, so I've ordered the GPM steering bellcrank and I have the aluminum toe links, I plan to leave the steering link plastic so that that's the weak point in case something needs to break.
    I also bought the WideMAXX kit when I bought the truck, mainly because there's sooo many people online saying it's a must. But I ran my MAXX stock when I got it and I liked it like that, I'm also new in the hobby so my thinking is I'll keep it with the stock arms until one of them breaks or gets too badly scuffed, running it stock like this will sort of force me to improve my driving skills as you do need to be very careful of easing on throttle when wanting to do a sharp turn and things like that.

RC Racer
    Oh, I forgot to mention. The Link module for the remote is well worth it! It's not an upgrade for the rc as such but it's a great addition to have. And if you like to keep an eye on telemetry then I'd suggest you get the phone holder that goes on top of the remote. I use it mostly for keeping an eye on battery voltage and so that it notifies me when I'm getting close to low voltage so that if I'm away from my home or my car I can start making my way back without having to carry the rc because I had no battery left to drive it back.

RC Enthusiast
    Well gents sheís here.

Iím impressed with the stoutness this rc has. I did a quick test on 3s using an adapter for the trx plug, sheís pretty quick on 3s. I swapped to XT90 connector since itís what I use for all my rcs.

Ran out of daylight to try 4s, got home pretty late from work unfortunately. So instead Iíll be taking it to work tomorrow and ripping it up after work. So excited!

Awesome to see the other RCs photobombing the Maxx! Great body choice by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by jjRC View Post
    Awesome to see the other RCs photobombing the Maxx! Great body choice by the way.

Haha! Good eye, I didnít even realize they were in the shot when I took those pics.

Iím going to keep the Solar Flair body and buy a second body to beat on, the Solar Flair body is too nice to destroy.

I'm just a noob