RC poster

What did i do to my rustler?

So brand new to traxxas car, first time driving it. all was well. took it out in my cul-de-sac...hit some curbs nothing to major figured no biggie kept going.

made a sudden turn to get the drift effect and front left wheel falls off...

took a few pics...

thinking it has to do with the pin i took a pic of...looks bent...

visualize json online

It appears that you have lost the E-clip for the suspension kingpin and bent the kingpin. You may have also split your steering block, but the angle of the picture makes it hard to tell. Do you think that you could take the wheel off and take another picture of the damage?

Kingpins: https://traxxas.com/products/parts/3740
    Who needs coffee when you have a 10KV+ capacitor?

RC poster
    yea heres some more pics...tell me if that helps.

Thanks. The part link that I have put in my post above should fix that right up!
    Who needs coffee when you have a 10KV+ capacitor?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpider25 View Post
    Thanks. The part link that I have put in my post above should fix that right up!
    awesome! thanks!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    If youíd like to prevent this from happening again. Upgrade to aluminum camber blocks. Definitely a known weak point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    I opted for the RPM caster blocks when a stock one snapped and tried the kingpins which thread in. The threaded kingpins are not long enough to pass through the other side so they pop out and bend very easily when the caster block flexes. Going back to the stock kingpins, with RPM casters, has been a good combo for me.

I do keep a couple spare kingpins on hand as cheap insurance to keep the fun going.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    If you’d like to prevent this from happening again. Upgrade to aluminum camber blocks. Definitely a known weak point.

any vids/tutorials out there that show how thats done?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjRC View Post
    I opted for the RPM caster blocks when a stock one snapped and tried the kingpins which thread in. The threaded kingpins are not long enough to pass through the other side so they pop out and bend very easily when the caster block flexes. Going back to the stock kingpins, with RPM casters, has been a good combo for me.

I do keep a couple spare kingpins on hand as cheap insurance to keep the fun going.

I had the RPM bearing carriers and caster blocks. Too much flex and the pin would slip and then bend. My Rustler is no longer a basher, but when it was,
    Eliminating that flex was a life saver.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    any vids/tutorials out there that show how thats done?
    Donít take offense to this, but order the new parts, take the old ones off, and install the new ones in the reverse order you removed the old ones. Itís really straight forward. Make sure your bearings still spin freely.