RC Competitor

Erevo 2.0 motor esc upgrade

Dose anyone know if the Firma 150amp esc and 2050kv motor will work?

Ya they’ll work, I have the 1900kv spectrum combo in my V1 Erevo and it works very well. The esc is 4s capable only, but the motor is 6s capable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm just a noob

I run a max6 and blx2050kv 4074 in mine. Works fine, but does run a bit warmer than it did in my outcast. Wish I could fit a longer motor with more torque in the thing, but with limited space, I just add fans, live with it and gear accordingly.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    I run a max6 and blx2050kv 4074 in mine. Works fine, but does run a bit warmer than it did in my outcast. Wish I could fit a longer motor with more torque in the thing, but with limited space, I just add fans, live with it and gear accordingly.
    Is there any increase of power over the stock system?

The Blx motor is slightly lower kv than the stock 2200kv, so it should have a bit more torque. I’ve been wanting to try one of the blx 2050kv motors, might pick one up for the Emaxx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm just a noob

Quote Originally Posted by Jake483 View Post
    Is there any increase of power over the stock system?
    I never had the stock system. I had the v1 revo and I got a v2 roller then moved the mxl-6s/castle 2200kv over to it. It was 3 years old at the time and I had run it on 4S all that time. The esc died the second time I ran 6S on it. The motor had a nasty whine to it and ran warm, so when I replaced the esc with the max6, I threw in a blx2050 4074. When I took the old motor out, the output shaft would spin pretty easy in my hand, so not sure if it has weaker magnets from the start or if it had gotten hot at some point and lost some magnetism.

I did gear it up a bit to compensate for the lower kv and power delivery was better, but don't know if that's due to the 160A esc or the motor.

I'm running 21/54 at the moment which I think is as high as I can go with the pinion as it's really close to hitting the inside of the motor mount and the adjustment is almost at it's max.

I just put a set of backflip MT's on it which were lighter than my trencher 3.8's, so I went up a tooth on the pinion. Motor/esc were running around 130F after a hard run with a pair of 5000mah packs at a grass bmx track where I didn't stop much at all. It was 65F outside at the time. I'll keep an eye on temps, but odds are, I can't go higher with gearing without risking hitting too high of a temp on a 75F day. I like to keep mine geared so I can run them without having to think about it.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake483 View Post
    Dose anyone know if the Firma 150amp esc and 2050kv motor will work?
    I recommend against the Firma 150 ESC. I ran it with standard 2200 kv motor and several things are worse than VXL 6s and Castle Monster X. (1) accel / punch was never as good, regardless of ESC setting. (2) BEC is linear crap regulator. Dual servo + dual fans blew the BEC and had to go external. (3) running moderate to hard will make ESC go into “capacitors too hot” flash code shutdown. To solve you have to add external cap pack to battery leads.

I often wonder if Firma 160 ESC solves all these issues. If anyone know please feed back. Thanks.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
    I recommend against the Firma 150 ESC. I ran it with standard 2200 kv motor and several things are worse than VXL 6s and Castle Monster X. (1) accel / punch was never as good, regardless of ESC setting. (2) BEC is linear crap regulator. Dual servo + dual fans blew the BEC and had to go external. (3) running moderate to hard will make ESC go into “capacitors too hot” flash code shutdown. To solve you have to add external cap pack to battery leads.

I often wonder if Firma 160 ESC solves all these issues. If anyone know please feed back. Thanks.
    I have the gen 1 mxl6s on a 2.0 chassis. Can I pair it with a blx1900kv motor?