Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    5

    My e revo 2.0 has been nothing but problems since i first unboxed it

    My first run i had to replace the pinion spur after about 20 min my next run my servo went out my third run my engine locked up on me and was loose i have had the truck for a week and it has alreay spent four days at the hobbie shop i have got to play with it a total of mabe and hour smh terrible experience just getting into the hobbie thinking of buying a kraton smh (so disappointing) after spending so much money

  2. #2
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    704
    Well what exactly were you doing when all of this happened? And just how hard were you on the truck. Just because itís advertised to be a 6s monster truck that can take a beating, doesnít mean itís indestructible.

    Donít hate on the Erevo because of what broke that could be how you were running it.

    Also, just making a post to talk crap about a product isnít very helpful, and there are quite a few helpful people on these forums thatíll help you sort out your issues.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm just a noob

  3. #3
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    192
    Yeah this could use some context. How did the spur and pinion break? What else was going on when that happened? How was the motor both locked up and loose at the same time? Did it fail slowly or just slam to a halt? Did you do jumps or crash?

  4. #4
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    7
    I felt the same way brother. It's been 60+ days now with breaking dang near everything bevause I'm not to RC (at 39 y/o). My two oldest boys have Rustler 4x4s and just smash the front end bits hitting stuff.

    After 45 days of ownership I can run two sets of S3 5k and a pair of S2 7600s without breaking anything. Then 48 Hr ago I hit a fire plug and took out an RPM a-arm. Crap happens. I just learned to slow down and chase my boys Rustlers down.

    Frustrating - absolutely. However I'm getting in the groove, but this car is an absolute beast and it can easily bend your wallet over if you don't ease in to it.

    Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    4
    I havn't had my Revo for 30 days yet either and i've broken a slew of parts, BUT i'm absolutely beating the living out of it lol all blame goes onto me. Wide open to braking to wide open to huge jumps, crashing wide open. Poor thing.

    So far i'm at:
    -first 5 mins broken spur gear(using self right feature)
    -broken axle
    -Broken Driveshaft
    -rear tire split on the sidewall
    -Front bumper mount cracked
    -and now the worst, completely grenaded my transmission. Lost a gear, sent pieces everywhere, ruined all the other gears and cracked the transmission housing. I put the Arrma backflip tires on, which are about twice as heavy as the stockers. I believe this is what lead to the transmission failure.

    Love this car though, I have all the parts coming to fix it along with a Savox steering servo. Should be a reliable car after the "rebuild" lol

    Please watch the language.
    Thanks!
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 04-19-2021 at 02:25 PM.

  6. #6
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by AndRenner View Post
    I havn't had my Revo for 30 days yet either and i've broken a slew of parts, BUT i'm absolutely beating the living out of it lol all blame goes onto me. Wide open to braking to wide open to huge jumps, crashing wide open. Poor thing.

    So far i'm at:
    -first 5 mins broken spur gear(using self right feature)
    -broken axle
    -Broken Driveshaft
    -rear tire split on the sidewall
    -Front bumper mount cracked
    -and now the worst, completely grenaded my transmission. Lost a gear, sent pieces everywhere, ruined all the other gears and cracked the transmission housing. I put the Arrma backflip tires on, which are about twice as heavy as the stockers. I believe this is what lead to the transmission failure.

    Love this car though, I have all the parts coming to fix it along with a Savox steering servo. Should be a reliable car after the "rebuild" lol

    Please watch the language.
    Thanks!
    -ksb51rl
    Can you elaborate on your tire setup? Are you running the backflip 6s tires mounted on the erevo wheels or the default backflip wheels? Iím surprised to hear they would be so much heavier than the already heavy erevo tire/wheel combo.

    I am very curious because I was leaning towards the backflip setup over the Mx3.8 badlands due to weight.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sierra Vista, AZ
    Posts
    1,446
    I highly recommend..when ever you buy a new rig, yes even ready to runs like Traxxas offers, do a complete once over. Some of the issue of loose pinion gears gears impacting pinion/spur. Also the motor being loose could have been caught. The blown servo issue is likely due to the pair of servos not being mechanically set up correct and fighting each other. Also stop taking it in to the hobby shop for repairs. Best way to learn is to dig in yourself, with decent tools, your manual and exploded views and then ask for guidance on here. Dont think that just going to a different brand or platform will magically fix your issues...trust me what you listed has its own set of issues.
    Dont get me wrong...I had a series of electronics issues on 1 of our 3 ERevo 2.0s...but if you complete a full once over of new rigs...the likeness of having issues like the OP posted are very very slim.

  8. #8
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    192
    It's easy to look at the shiny pictures and videos online and forget that at then end of the day, we are playing with, what are for the most part, plastic toys. Plastic toys with the latest in brushless and lithium power delivery; both notable for the substantial increases in energy density over preceding technologies. Plastic and mechanical design have improved, but it's still plastic. The only alternatives are heavier metal, or more expensive carbon fiber.

  9. #9
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by jjRC View Post
    Can you elaborate on your tire setup? Are you running the backflip 6s tires mounted on the erevo wheels or the default backflip wheels? Iím surprised to hear they would be so much heavier than the already heavy erevo tire/wheel combo.

    I am very curious because I was leaning towards the backflip setup over the Mx3.8 badlands due to weight.
    Description from Amazon ďARRMA AR510092 Dboots Backflip 3.8" Mt 6S RC Monster Truck Tire with Foam Insert, Mounted On Multi-Spoke Wheel 17Mm Hex, Black (Set of 2)Ē -they came premounted on rims

    Iím just speculating on the tires being the cause of the failure. But I am stepping down to some badlands 2.8 that are about half the weight in an effort to pull some stress off the drivetrain.

  10. #10
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    5
    To be clear i have never crashed or jumped my erevo all i did was put proline racing tires on it and run it in the street for about 20 min before my engine locked up on me before tthat i had stock tires and ran it on the grass it flipped over a few times just riding it around but nothing serious i never jumped it that was about mabe 15 or so min when i first ran it and it cut off on me put in the hobbie shop first day running

  11. #11
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    5
    Running on 3s 500 burst traxxas batteries
    Last edited by Docdakid29; 04-20-2021 at 12:23 PM.

  12. #12
    RC Champion grizzly03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    2,862
    Quote Originally Posted by Docdakid29 View Post
    To be clear i have never crashed or jumped my erevo all i did was put proline racing tires on it and run it in the street for about 20 min before my engine locked up on me before tthat i had stock tires and ran it on the grass it flipped over a few times just riding it around but nothing serious i never jumped it that was about mabe 15 or so min when i first ran it and it cut off on me put in the hobbie shop first day running
    Not sure what tires you switched to. But changing tire sizes, especially bigger put more stress on the electronics. You should re-gear to help keep the motor's heat in check. Also bigger tires but additional stress on the steering servos.

    Not knowing the timeline history it's hard to help you out. You're telling us multiple things that have broke but no history.
    For example: You had to replace the pinion and spur. The pinion shouldn't have broken as it's metal against the plastic spur gear. And when these where repaired did they replace with the stock setup 15pinion/54spur?

    It doesn't matter the brand, these issues happen in them all. You need to know that by changing parts, it can affect other areas.
    Ex.If the truck is geared for speed runs and then used for having fun in the grass. It's going to overheat.

  13. #13
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    5
    I have proline racing tires smaller and lighter than the stock tires i also have twin cooling fans so overheating should no be an issue i have spent money on all the upgrades ktraxxas link) willie bar limiting straps the brace tires all this money lol and my car has been sitting without an engine for about four days now lol who know how long it will take traxxas to send me a new one lol feeling like i wasted over 1200 on all this stuff and havent gotten and hour of play yet smh

  14. #14
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    192
    It sounds like you or someone at your hobby shop did a lot of wrenching on your erevo before you even drove it. That could have introduced problems that weren't from the manufacturer.

  15. #15
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Docdakid29 View Post
    My first run i had to replace the pinion spur after about 20 min my next run my servo went out my third run my engine locked up on me and was loose i have had the truck for a week and it has alreay spent four days at the hobbie shop i have got to play with it a total of mabe and hour smh terrible experience just getting into the hobbie thinking of buying a kraton smh (so disappointing) after spending so much money
    My issues with this post, if this is in order of issues by time of opening box to latest issue.

    First run,pinion and spur went bad. Most likely, just the spur gear stripped out and needed to be replaced. When doing this, the motor must be loosened at a minimum so whoever does the work can set the gear mesh properly. Key point, "Motor must be loosened".
    The servo going bad is quite unfortunate, most likely just a bad one from Traxxas. If you bought the car brand new, you can file warranty replacements with traxxas. Most of the time, the part is free. You just pay shipping and install yourself. Most items on the Revo's are very very easy to replace. The worst being center shafts/trans/diffs. The rest can all be replaced within an hour or two.
    Back to the engine.
    You're motor seized and I assume the mount is what is loose... Otherwise, the motor didn't seize. Now, when the hobby shop did the motor When the shop did the spur&pinion, there's a very good chance they didn't tighten the mounting screws fully which caused the looseness. It's possible the looseness caused the motor output shaft to bend slightly, pinning it again the internal bearings/phaser- ultimately seizing the assembly.

    Is this actually what happened? I don't know. Just going off my assumptions. Always better to do work yourself. PLUS, you save big $$ doing it yourself.

  16. #16
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    5
    Traxxas replaced my engine and that vxl box free of charge i hope it will not take too long to recieve smh (patently waiting)

  17. #17
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    4
    I'm really sorry you had to go through this ugly experience. I suffered a similar situation right before the pandemic started, and I must admit is not exactly the most comfortable thing in the world.

  18. #18
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    197
    I had a pretty nasty experience with my 2.0 during the holidays. I tried swapping to high speed gearing for the winter and got new belted proline trenchers and Duratrax bandito mts and couldnt wait to drive it, but I was still new to it and I was getting impatient and my poor maintenance only made things worse. My car was wet, dirty, rusty, and the stock tires are just long gone the foams are all wet and soft. I finally had enough and sent it to a hobby shop after I snapped the steel Traxxas center driveshaft. They werenít very helpful, so I still had to do things myself. I just slowed down a bit and kept my cool, expected things to break, and I was less disappointed. Now, Iím running lighter tires than my belted proline trenchers and Iím having a much much much better experience with that car. Itís been a tank and now that I really know what Iím doing, I love it. I hope once itís back up and running you get to have fun again


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What does this do- Oh whoops I broke it

  19. #19
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    4
    Although I have yet to make the buy I'll be getting into an EREVO 2.0 within the next week. As everyone has said. Give them a good once over out of the box and you should be giving it a look over at every outing. There is a ton of resources for these rigs. These are a bit more advanced than, say, a Rustler. Drop a couple 3S in it and it gets very very wild very very fast. You WILL break things and if not careful, could seriously injure yourself or someone else. Just take some time. Read and watch the reviews. There are certain upgrades that are all but a must do if you plan to go 6S on it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •