RC Competitor
    Orangeville, Ontario, Canada (North of Toronto)

Question Any info on Capacitor on EZ Start Motor?

Hi,

The capacitor on my EZ Start motor fell off and I've lost it. Without it the motor won't start on it's own (I believe it's a capacitor start motor?), but the motor will run if it's given a spin when applying power. Does anyone have any details on the capacitor, or even a picture?

Support says I'm probably looking at ordering a 5279, but I have a pair of Titan 550s with two "503" ceramic disc capacitors each that I could move to the EZ Start, if that's what it needs.

A picture of the capacitor, or any info, would be very helpful.

Thanks!

RC Champion
    Not sure what your looking for? The EZ-start motors don't have any capacitor on them.

Those capacitors your talking about on the other motors are for radio interference, not for a capacitor start setup.

If your saying that the EZ-start only turns the engine over with help it could be a weak battery in the EZ-start wand. I have had old batteries act the same even though they were fully charged.

RC Competitor
    Orangeville, Ontario, Canada (North of Toronto)
    That actually helps a lot. I have been looking for something that wasn't there.

RC Champion
    Glad the capacitor part was an easy fix, lol.

Another way to test the Ez-start battery is to see how it performs turning the engine over with the glow plug removed.