Why is so much dirt entering my rear axle?

I took my udr out to some salt flats and drove in a little bit of sand, (very small amount) and I came home and rebuilt it and found sand filled to the brim in the rear axle. I have never seen so
    Much in there even and driving at the sand dunes there wasn’t nearly that much. It took probably 3 or 4 hours to clean and re grease the whole thing. This has never been such big of a or before. I rebuilt it again because I lost drive in the rear axle and I found that the bearing right behind the planetary ( the 15x24x5 bearing) blew apart and ruined my ring gear. I had to order new ones and I realized how much of a rip off the traxxas ones are, they are 8$ for two and the fast eddy ones are a dollar. I also realized how much of a rip-off traxxas screws are, 2.50$ for two and I can buy 10 for 2.40$ from protek. Not a huge difference but I rather have more screws for the same money. I also ordered a new rpm front bumper which is my third one. Never broken an rpm part before but somehow I have broken three bumpers.

RC Qualifier
    If it's the stock housing, it's the axle flexing at the pumpkin which allows in dirt.

I thought you have the Vitavon aluminum housing installed already though. If that's the case, I have no idea where the dirt is getting in through.

When I changed from the stock housing to an aluminum housing, that solved the problem of dirt getting in.

The solution is an aluminum housing to prevent that flex. An aluminum axle housing paired with the plastic planetary housing will also work.

It's the axle housing's pumpkin that is the super floppy part that flexes too much under suspension loads.

I only have the front vitavon part and the plastic rear part. I guess I’ll just use my old gpm rear part