RC Competitor

Heavy Duty Driveshafts 2wd Slash

I bought a set of driveshafts 6852x to replace the smaller ones since I am running 3s, and I've also replaced the rear A-arms with the RPM ones and them driveshafts do rub on the a-arms, only way I can get some clearance is to use the most outer shock mounting hole on the a-arm, and adjust my camber back to 0 degrees, I want some camber, but i'm not able to do it.

Has anyone had issues with these, and found a way to remedy it, I was think about trimming up the part it touches, but I hate to do that on a new part lol.

I am using the 2nd hole in the rear bearing holder, these driveshafts are definitely bigger, The stock a-arms however clears it just fine, even with room to spare, not the RPM ones though.

Thank you!

RC Racer
    I run the 6852r shafts on mine. With the HD Traxxas arms. no issues with my setup.

If you are running the Slash 4x4 rear shafts and RPM arms on the 2wd Slash then you will have rubbing issues. Either mod the arms or go with the thinner stock shafts.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    Make sure the bearing carrier is installed on the arms higher hole, not the lower one. One vendor I saw (can’t remember who) had this tip posted in the info on the RPM arms. If you use the lower hole they will rub.
    Slash Raptor, Slash Baja Bug Basher, TA Trophy Rat

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducati Pilot View Post
    Make sure the bearing carrier is installed on the arms higher hole, not the lower one. One vendor I saw (can’t remember who) had this tip posted in the info on the RPM arms. If you use the lower hole they will rub.
    Yeah its installed on the higher hole I guess, the hole furthest away from the bottom of the bearing. RPM molds have the last a-arm crossmember nearly right at the bearing carrier. I can get away with it, its just I have no adjustments for shocks or camber, I got the camber around -1 on both wheels, but thats as far as I can go with no rubbing.

Image of it, https://prnt.sc/11rxkwh

I can't seem to get any of these picture hosting sites to give me a .jpg link anymore so I can insert it. Oh well.
    Last edited by Viking2121; 04-20-2021 at 06:15 PM.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking2121 View Post
    Yeah its installed on the higher hole I guess, the hole furthest away from the bottom of the bearing. RPM molds have the last a-arm crossmember nearly right at the bearing carrier. I can get away with it, its just I have no adjustments for shocks or camber, I got the camber around -1 on both wheels, but thats as far as I can go with no rubbing.

Image of it, https://prnt.sc/11rxkwh

Yeah, that looks pretty tight. I donít have experience with that combo but maybe replacing the rear bearing carriers with an RPM set could work better with their a-arms? I have the Atomik RC rear carriers on one of my Slash trucks and they are actually a little slimmer than the chunky factory ones. Itís possible the a-arm holes might be slightly different too.
    I have some hd driveshafts coming for my Raptor (if Traxxas ever decides to ship them, I placed a big order over a week ago and still no shipping) and the RPM bearing carriers already on the back, but a arms are stock. Iíll repost when I get it all together to see if there are clearance issues

I can't seem to get any of these picture hosting sites to give me a .jpg link anymore so I can insert it. Oh well.
    I donít blame you for not wanting to remove material on your a arms.
    Slash Raptor, Slash Baja Bug Basher, TA Trophy Rat

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking2121 View Post
    I bought a set of driveshafts 6852x to replace the smaller ones since I am running 3s, and I've also replaced the rear A-arms with the RPM ones and them driveshafts do rub on the a-arms, only way I can get some clearance is to use the most outer shock mounting hole on the a-arm, and adjust my camber back to 0 degrees, I want some camber, but i'm not able to do it.

Has anyone had issues with these, and found a way to remedy it, I was think about trimming up the part it touches, but I hate to do that on a new part lol.

I am using the 2nd hole in the rear bearing holder, these driveshafts are definitely bigger, The stock a-arms however clears it just fine, even with room to spare, not the RPM ones though.

Thank you!
    I had same/similar issue with mine a couple weeks back. I bought the 6852R driveshafts a month back, and 2 weeks back got the RPM front/rear a-arms. In my case it was mostly just pushing the dust boot off, but enough to annoy me either way. There is a Tech Note on RPM site that mentions this, which I didn't know until after the fact lol.

https://www.rpmrcproducts.com/shop/a...d-rear-a-arms/

However, also in my case, I had already done that. I had to adjust the rear shocks and move them to outter most hole so that 'in the air/off ground' clearance was enough so the axles wouldn't rub.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jleeblanch; 04-22-2021 at 12:27 PM.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by jleeblanch View Post
    I had same/similar issue with mine a couple weeks back. I bought the 6852R driveshafts a month back, and 2 weeks back got the RPM front/rear a-arms. In my case it was mostly just pushing the dust boot off, but enough to annoy me either way. There is a Tech Note on RPM site that mentions this, which I didn't know until after the fact lol.

https://www.rpmrcproducts.com/shop/a...d-rear-a-arms/

However, also in my case, I had already done that. I had to adjust the rear shocks and move them to outter most hole so that 'in the air/off ground' clearance was enough so the axles wouldn't rub.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Yeah I bought a set of ST Racing Concepts Oversized Rear Hub Carriers and it seemed to have solved it for the most part, I can get a little camber in now, and I can use the 2nd hole in for the shocks and it still clears, still vary close but at full extend its not rubbing.

Outside most hole the truck handles fine on pavement, its just the gravel parking lot I like to go to, the bigger rocks it seems to bounce way too much, especially corning, and I put the stock 30wt oil in the shocks. Definitely improved it some now with the camber and a further in shock mount, kind of crazy how much that messes with things.