RC poster

Mounting plate or cage for the HW MAx10 esc on a slash 2wd

Hello, new to the hobby here, I have a stock slash 2wd and i purchased the Ezrun Max10 / 3652 3300Kv combo. It just came with a double sided adhesive tape. I searched the internet for a mounting plate or cage but I couldnt find anything. Anyone knows if there exists any solution? Will the adhesive tape that came with the esc be sufficient for hard bashing? Thanks a lot.

RC Competitor
    I’ve never had an issue with the mounting tape, and an advantage is you can use whatever location works best for you depending on how your chassis is set up.
    Slash Raptor, Slash Baja Bug Basher, TA Trophy Rat

RC poster
    Thanks a lot, I have (possibly) one more problem with the motor of the combo: The length of the motor shaft seems short: no matter how i put the pinion (screw inside or outside) I cannot make the pinion teeth match the position of the spur teeth. If i put the pinion screw in the inside then proper alignment is not possible and pinion is outside 50% (only half of the pinion area touches the spur area) and there is no room available in the shaft to push the pinion more to the inside so as to align with the spur. If I put the pinion screw to the outside then I can align it but the screw barely touches the shaft. I am talking about the stock 16T 48p pinion and the stock 90T spur. I have a 18T pinion that seems to be more norrow so that it may work but I havent tested it and I would like to start with the stock and then maybe gear up later if the temps are ok. Any advice / solutions?

EDIT: I have removed the mesh plastic plate that comes with the titan motor and fixes the mesh position. I tried to use it but it did not mesh correctly.
    Last edited by radisb; 04-20-2021 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Additional info