RC Enthusiast

Question about Traxxas Link

I bought a used X-Maxx that came with the Traxxas link on the stock transmitter. I it has the HW Max 5 ESC. What do I need to buy to make it all work now or will it?

RC Enthusiast
    Traxxas link will only work with the traxxas esc.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Ok thanks, appreciate that.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I use a Castle Castle XLX-2 and I can use the Traxxas Link. My understanding has always been that you need the Traxxas Bluetooth transmitter along with its' Traxxas telemetry receiver and sensors for the Traxxas Link to work. In the picture below you can see my Castle ESC and my Traxxas expansion module and GPS (left of my ESC).

If you don't have a Traxxas ESC you do loose speed and RPM's, but you can get your speed back again with the Traxxas GPS. And, you can get both of them back (speed and RPM's) if you install a Emaxx RPM sensor kit to you Xmaxx link like in the picture below.

Last edited by ReglarGuy; 04-22-2021 at 04:13 AM.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

RC Enthusiast
    ok, thanks. So I need the Emaxx RPM Sensor Kit? Do you have a part number or a link to what you're referencing please.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It doesn't have to be a Emaxx RPM sensor. It can be a Summit, E-Revo, etcetera. You just need a Traxxas RPM magnet and a Traxxas RPM sensor. Just use the word "telemetry" in the Traxxas parts search. One thing though, none of these parts are made for a Xmaxx. You have to install the parts to fit your Xmaxx yourself, like I did.

Life's to short to be a sour puss.

RC Champion
    Something of the Telemetry features work throught the RX, if you maintain the stock TX/RX, have this features with the Traxxas Bluetooth Link.