RC Champion

E Revo Paddle tires on Rear Only ?

Is it ok to run just paddles in the rear ? The paddles and Backflips weight the same 300grams , I ll go down a few teeth on the pinion ,they are like 1/2 inch taller and wider , I just don’t
    want to blow out my diffs , I m still new to the 4x4 game , thanks Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Or should I just run paddles on front and rear ?, the Backflip LP tires are taped , The paddles are not
    Last edited by Role; 04-22-2021 at 06:46 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Run all 4 paddles. Having a larger diameter rear means it'll be pushing the front tires, causing steering issues. Had the fronts been slightly larger it would increase steering, like having overdrive in the front on a crawler. Having different size tires on either end would cause premature issues, though its not that bad if you're in low traction areas.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    I would just run them in sand

Not sure how well it will work out running two different tires with different traction.

Remember that the Maxx has a center differential. So you could/can run tires of different sizes and/or tread type. The center diff can compensate, but it would get a good workout.

I would think that your rear tires (paddles) would get the most traction, with the front tires getting the least. Because of that the front will receive the most power and spin the most. And the back with the paddles would get the least amount of power and not be very effective.

RC Champion
    I may just try as is for now and get two more in the future

RC Qualifier
    Do just the fronts then. It'll be best in that situation. Can try rears just to see how it goes, but the front is where you want them.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Give them a try in the rears, then a try in the front. If it works out for you, that's great. If not then a see two more in your future, LoL.

RC Competitor
    I know on a real vehicle that would tear the drivetrain up , not sure about a r/c.

RC Champion
    True, They are the exact same weight - But the rear diameter is about a 1/2 larger - Wish me luck !

RC Champion
    Epic fail ! It really zaps the torque and power from the rear , it just wants spin the front tires , dont bother guys, maybe 4 2.8 sand paws is a better option , they are smaller for sure
    Last edited by Role; 04-23-2021 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Role View Post
    Epic fail ! It really zaps the torque and power from the rear , it just wants spin the front tires , dont bother guys, maybe 4 2.8 sand paws is a better option , they are smaller for sure
    Can't say you didn't try! LoL

At least you learned something. This little experiment shows you how the center differential works.

RC Champion
    It felt like my battery has 1/2 dead , stick with similar tires guys

RC Champion
    Well , these are just too much tire for the maxx , I geared down two teeth of the pinion and run 6s , the truck just feels sluggish to me , stick with something smaller guys, maybe the bigger 42mm motor may help
    Last edited by Role; 05-02-2021 at 04:58 PM.

RC Champion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk