RC poster

Stampede body reinforcement?

Is there a way to strengthen the body cover for the stampede I’ve gone through a ton of them and they are pretty pricey I don’t want to have to keep replacing them after a slight rollover.
    Last edited by ThePeeper; 04-22-2021 at 11:08 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    Mesh carpet tape and shoogoo used to be the hot ticket years ago. I think some say to use gorilla tape. Its basically a band aid on the inside.

On my rwd Stampede, years ago I stretched it out and bought a Maxx Revo size body from proline. If you go that route, you may be able to cut the wheel wells larger to look right and have a true monster truck look.

Im sure the above body size is out so im including an ebay link to unbreakable stampede bodies. I have not tried these. I cannot say overall fit.
    https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...90.m4084.l1313
    Last edited by Chubaka407; 04-22-2021 at 11:20 AM.

RC poster
    What about when the clips go through the bed of the trucks body

RC Enthusiast
    For clips, I would look at gluing a spare peice of lexan off a new body to reinforce. New uncut bodies have scrap that gets cut out. Great for paint practice also.

If the actual clips get pulled through, you can get these.
    https://m.traxxas.com/products/parts/1815
    Last edited by Chubaka407; 04-22-2021 at 11:25 AM.

RC poster
    The washers don’t fit

Quote Originally Posted by ThePeeper View Post
    The washers don’t fit
    You can remove the rear posts from the flat piece, drill new holes and move them inward 3/4 inch or so, then put new holes in the body and use the washers. That's what I did on the rear of mine.

I'm not sure why they put them so close to the edge... just made it annoying to do anything helpful with the posts pulling through.

You can also make a tower to tower brace, then stack something up under the cab of the body so when you land on your roof, your body doesn't collapse and break to pieces. I did that on mine as well.

Looks dumb, but with the body on, you don't see it and it really helps make it last way longer.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

RC poster
    What did you use?

3/4 inch aluminum box stock. Can usually find it at lowes, home depot in a rack where they keep cold/hot rolled steel for welding and whatnot.

I cut a notch in each end that matches up to the thinner piece the body mount things screw to. Then I just drilled a hole through it and that piece and ran a bolt/nut through it.

You can see it a bit better here:
    Last edited by olds97_lss; 04-22-2021 at 02:32 PM.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

Shoe-goo really is the ideal product for this. It's much more than just a band-aid. On the bodies that I've repaired, the repaired area ends up becoming the most durable part of the body.

This is my stock Stampede 4x4 body from over a decade ago, still going strong thanks to shoe-goo. These are pics from after the shoe-goo repair. I wish I had got pics from before also, but basically everything around both rear body mounts was shredded, with gaps/holes in the plastic more than an inch in diameter. The body was useless. Now it's good as new again.

To create the new body mount holes, approx where the old body mount holes were, I used 2 cigarette butts in those locations while the shoe-goo dried, then I pulled the cigarette butts out.