Thread: Tires question

RC poster

Tires question

Unsure where to post this.
    I am running my Slash 2wd at our local skate park. The half pipes and ramps are slippery metal and when I run my Slash, it mostly just spins out unless I really baby the throttle. Are there any tires that grip smooth metal surfaces really well? I am thinking tires for polished cement. I thought foam or slicks would work, but no it was actually worse. Any recomendations?

RC Enthusiast
    Throttle control, make sure all links are the same length per side is a good start. I cant suggest short course tires but on my monster, trenchers helped grip on warehouse floors.

On slippery surfaces rpm is key. The more your tires spin past your non drive tires rpm, the easier it is to lose control. I learned the hard way first time jumping off a truck dock.
    Last edited by Chubaka407; 04-22-2021 at 12:35 PM.

RC poster
    Trenchers; that a specific tire or is it a slang term for type of tire? Sorry, just getting back into r/c cars and so I am a getting up to date still.

Proline Trenchers.

https://www.prolineracing.com/tires/...unted-raid.asp

They are a good all-around tire, and hook up well on most surfaces. But, if you are just looking for a tire to run at the skate park, recommend Street Fighters.

https://www.prolineracing.com/tires/...dium-tires.asp

Keep in mind, stock tires are made for long wear, so the compound is harder, which is why you are having traction issues. Going to a medium compound tire will give a lot better traction, but the tires will wear faster.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired