Thread: Power Inverter

RC poster

Power Inverter

Is there a recommended vehicle power inverter that will power an ez peak dual charger? Dual 3s lipos would be the typical charging demand. Also, would the inverter also work with an ez peak live? 4s lipo on that.

RC Qualifier
    Are you just simply asking how big of a DC to AC power inverter you need to basically take your vehicleís 12V power and convert it to AC to run your charger? If thatís all youíre doing then you would just simply need to know the wattage your charger requires for power and then go from there.

Like for example, if I did this right, I went here and it says to basically look at your input power on the bottom tag and take the input amperage and multiply that by 120 input volts being that thatís the normal household voltage and you should get your deviceís wattage.

On my EZ Peak Live Dual charger; part number 2973, the input amperage is 2.35 amps so, if I take that number and multiply it by 120 volts, I get 282 watts so Iím assuming that if all I plan to run on an inverter is just my charger then a 400-500 watt inverter is all Iím assuming I should need.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Thanks for the reply. Question is more along the lines of any known inverters that work best with ez peak. Does the type of power draw make some inverters noisy? I am an EE so I understand power consumption.

Guess it is more of a question for those who have used inverters and could share good or bad experiences.

If it really just comes down to making sure there is enough continuous current, then that will make picking one an easy task.

Thanks again!

RC Champion
    Other option, get a good dc / dc charger. From venom, hota, icharger Use a ac/dc power supply at home and then connect to 1:1 vehicle battery for when out in the feild.

Can make your own power supply from a old pc power supply or server psu. Vs buying one.

I have a icharger 406 dou that I put into a case with my two server psu. Can charge at home with AC. Or in my truck with dc and my battery clamps.

I can charge a set of battery up faster than I can use em up on the rc car.

So I can play till I break something.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Thanks for the input!