RC Qualifier

How to lower the body of a 2WD Stampede VXL?

I would like to lower the body of my 2WD Stampede VXL. Using Traxxas parts is my preference, so I am looking at the following two part numbers:

Which one of these would lower the body (more)?

Quote Originally Posted by Velineon View Post
    I would like to lower the body of my 2WD Stampede VXL. Using Traxxas parts is my preference, so I am looking at the following two part numbers:

Both will probably work, but I have 3619. You can also use the proline posts, but both the traxxas ones and the proline ones have interference problems. The proline ones will run into the A-arms and the traxxas ones will hit the gearbox when all the way down. 1914R will be most likely not have as much interference. You can either cut the 3619 or the proline ones, or you could go with the 1914R posts. The only ones that I have used on my stampede are the proline posts and the 3619 posts though, but I have no idea what the strength is of the 1914R ones if they are on a stampede, because I only use the front ones on my rustler (stock front body mounts), but they seem to be pretty strong. The rear one will probably be plenty strong though, as it is one piece.
    Last edited by GreenSpider25; 04-30-2021 at 08:41 AM.
    Who needs coffee when you have a 10KV+ capacitor?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpider25 View Post
    Both will probably work, but I have 3619. You can also use the proline posts, but both the traxxas ones and the proline ones have interference problems. The proline ones will run into the A-arms and the traxxas ones will hit the gearbox when all the way down. 1914R will be most likely not have as much interference. You can either cut the 3619 or the proline ones, or you could go with the 1914R posts. The only ones that I have used on my stampede are the proline posts and the 3619 posts though, but I have no idea what the strength is of the 1914R ones if they are on a stampede, because I only use the front ones on my rustler (stock front body mounts), but they seem to be pretty strong. The rear one will probably be plenty strong though, as it is one piece.
    Thanks for the information! Which ones are lower, Proline or 3619? Do you happen to have any picture of your Stampede with the 3619 mounts installed? I would love to see how much lower the body is.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Velineon View Post

The second link is better IMO.

I use the rustler front mount sometimes on some of my Stampedes.

https://scontent.fybz2-2.fna.fbcdn.n...e6&oe=60B12B74

You can see the bottom of the body is level with the bottom of the chassis. I’ve shaved an inch off the bottom of the body already. You’ll probably have to shave the fenders too!

I also shorten the posts to mere stubs on other rigs.

https://scontent.fybz2-2.fna.fbcdn.n...e9&oe=60B31134

If you cut the 3rd hole off on the right rear mount like in the next picture you can slam it right down to the shock tower. You’ll only get 2 screws in but it will clear the transmission.

https://scontent.fybz2-2.fna.fbcdn.n...25&oe=60B01A86

That can still go one more hole lower. You may also notice my custom narrowing of the posts...
    Last edited by fortunespoonz; 04-30-2021 at 12:35 PM.