Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1

    Angry Why did my threads get deleted?

    What was wrong with adding galleries here?
    Who needs coffee when you have a 10KV+ capacitor?

  2. #2
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    261
    They werent official by moderators so they got deleted I think

  3. #3
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Greatscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    N. Idaho... Da Sticks!
    Posts
    8,265
    The creation of gallery sticky threads is not for us mere mortals.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

  4. #4
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    The creation of gallery sticky threads is not for us mere mortals.
    true true

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    The creation of gallery sticky threads is not for us mere mortals.
    But the stampede 4x4 and slash galleries were not started by moderators. So what was wrong with me making one too?
    Who needs coffee when you have a 10KV+ capacitor?

  6. #6
    RC Champion RCWilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    California Bay Area
    Posts
    1,376
    I think it has to be approved by the moderators.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by RCWilly View Post
    I think it has to be approved by the moderators.
    I even copied what was from another gallery and just changed a few things to make it accurate.
    Who needs coffee when you have a 10KV+ capacitor?

  8. #8
    Marshal ksb51rl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    20,562
    There is nothing wrong with enthusiastic participation, but creation of OFFICIAL gallery threads is the province of a Traxxas employee.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    There is nothing wrong with enthusiastic participation, but creation of OFFICIAL gallery threads is the province of a Traxxas employee.
    Okay, thanks for clearing that up. But there are galleries that are stickied and are from non-traxxas employees (at least I think most of those other people that don't have Traxxas employee under their name are not employees). That is what I was confused about.
    Who needs coffee when you have a 10KV+ capacitor?

  10. #10
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Greatscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    N. Idaho... Da Sticks!
    Posts
    8,265
    Just like the post-count requirement for having an avatar, it is likely a more recent change to policy that only an employee can make gallery threads. In most of the forums for the newer models Nitro Chicken is the one that has made the gallery threads.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    Just like the post-count requirement for having an avatar, it is likely a more recent change to policy that only an employee can make gallery threads. In most of the forums for the newer models Nitro Chicken is the one that has made the gallery threads.
    I guess I just don't understand why it matters who makes the gallery threads. Galleries are galleries no matter who makes them.
    Who needs coffee when you have a 10KV+ capacitor?

  12. #12
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Greatscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    N. Idaho... Da Sticks!
    Posts
    8,265
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpider25 View Post
    I guess I just don't understand why it matters who makes the gallery threads. Galleries are galleries no matter who makes them.
    Might have something to do with them being stickies, and not regular threads. Plus, in some of the other forums you see people making their own "gallery" threads that are not official.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    Might have something to do with them being stickies, and not regular threads. Plus, in some of the other forums you see people making their own "gallery" threads that are not official.
    I guess that could be.
    Who needs coffee when you have a 10KV+ capacitor?

  14. #14
    RC Champion grizzly03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    2,837
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpider25 View Post
    I guess I just don't understand why it matters who makes the gallery threads. Galleries are galleries no matter who makes them.
    Since this is a Traxxas owned and operated site, we are all guests here. They can make any rules or policies they deem appropriate.

    IMO If everyone was allowed to do whatever they wanted there could be hundreds of gallery threads that would be repetitive, and make the forums much longer and a pain to wade through. This is one reason why I stay away from Facebook.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    Since this is a Traxxas owned and operated site, we are all guests here. They can make any rules or policies they deem appropriate.

    IMO If everyone was allowed to do whatever they wanted there could be hundreds of gallery threads that would be repetitive, and make the forums much longer and a pain to wade through. This is one reason why I stay away from Facebook.
    But that's just it. There are no galleries in the drag slash forum, 0. Nothing is redundant about what I did.
    Who needs coffee when you have a 10KV+ capacitor?

  16. #16
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    261
    The car isnt out yet, thats why

  17. #17
    Marshal ksb51rl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    20,562
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    Just like the post-count requirement for having an avatar, it is likely a more recent change to policy that only an employee can make gallery threads. In most of the forums for the newer models Nitro Chicken is the one that has made the gallery threads.
    This ^^^ is correct.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    This ^^^ is correct.
    Well, I guess if it matters that much to Nitro Chicken, then I will just leave it alone.
    Who needs coffee when you have a 10KV+ capacitor?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •