RC Qualifier

Forward is backwards

I hadn't used my car for a couple of months. When I turned it on, the motor and wheels ran at full speed in my hand for about 10 seconds without touching the throttle. When it calmed down, and tried to run it, when I throttle forward, it goes backwards, and vice versa. Anyone know the likely problem and fix? I haven't done much tinkering for several years and am a bit rusty, and can't find the necessary instructions.

RC Champion
    Swap any 2 of the 3 wires between ESC & motor. That should fix the forward/reverse problem.

~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC Qualifier
    Thanks. I'm puzzled why it worked fine for several runs over several weeks, then suddenly it's all backwards. I need to look up the ESC guide I think. I lost it somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by dblbogey View Post
    I hadn't used my car for a couple of months. When I turned it on, the motor and wheels ran at full speed in my hand for about 10 seconds without touching the throttle. When it calmed down, and tried to run it, when I throttle forward, it goes backwards, and vice versa. Anyone know the likely problem and fix? I haven't done much tinkering for several years and am a bit rusty, and can't find the necessary instructions.
    Quote Originally Posted by dblbogey View Post
    Thanks. I'm puzzled why it worked fine for several runs over several weeks, then suddenly it's all backwards. I need to look up the ESC guide I think. I lost it somehow.
    I seem to remember that you switched to the 70/30 setting also?

If it worked before and now it doesn't and nothing was touched I'd try re-calibrating and/or resetting the radio/esc.

VXL-3s instructions:https://traxxas.com/sites/default/fi...-ML_WEB_EN.pdf